Re-installed Evernote desktop; can't get it to sync

lometogo

Hi, I had a major system crashand had to completely install OS and lost everything on my C drive, so consequently, lost EN desktop.

I have now re-installed EN on the desktop and have been able to get to EN Web app.

All my data appears on the Web version but although I can see my username on the desktop app, I have no notes visible. 

The problem is compounded because I am in China and when the program installed, it has some information in Chinese.

And one of those important pieces in Chinese is Notebooks, file of screen grab attached. Also, when I go to the EN website, it is all in Chinese and I don't see where to change language to Enlish. GRRRRRR, yes, I am frustrated.

I have tried to change all language to English but have no luck in doing so.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

post-148612-0-08285600-1436422810_thumb.

• Level 5*

This is tough, obviously complicated by the install (maybe) of a Chinese EN version.

I think you probably need Evernote's help on this, so I'd suggest:

1. Submit a EN bug report
  2. You should get an auto-reply with the Ticket#
  3. Post the Ticket# on Twitter and ask for help ASAP.
  4. If you're not a Premium account owner, you can upgrade for one month for $5 to get full support.
    1. you decide if it's worth it
    2. Gives you support on non-bug issues
    3. Gives you access to online Chat support

Links:

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Since Evernote now is providing official support to all users via Twitter, you might post your issue on Twitter @evernotehelps.  It might also be good to include a link back to your post here.

See Evernote Chat Support., available business days 7am-7pm US CST. 

(Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

Thanks, JMichael, I am a Premium member so will wait until the boys in green get out of bed, have copious amounts of coffee, and are ready for my assault/plea for help.

Ain't nothing easy in China.

Why were you unable to change the application language to English?  If it is because you are unable to read the menus, then perhaps this might help, provided the Chinese menu structure is the same!

1. Go to Tools (second menu from right)
  2. Options (second option down)
  3. Language (fifth tab from the left)
  4. Application language is the only drop-down on the tab.

I was going to try it out, but was afraid to change my EN to Chinese in case I got stuck!  Apologies if my help is irrelevant and good luck!

Archived