Evernote.exe encountered a problem and needs to close

I have Evernote installed at my Windows PC and get the following error window when I start Evernote:

Fatal error

Evernote.exe v.5.8.13.8152 encountered a problem and needs to close

I have tried to remove and reinstall Evernote without solving the issue (the error appears after login). I have no problems with the same user account on my iPad and iPhone.

I will appreciate any help to solve the issue.

Kind regards,

Jacob

This started happening to me this week.  I've run the REVO uninstaller and when evernote relaunches it goes through the sync process and stays up until I click on a note.  I'm not sure if it is one particular note or any note.  None-the-less, it results in the C++ Runtime error and the message "Evernote v.5.8.13.8152 encountered a problem and needs to close.  Sorry."

Very annoying.

Problem is with windows 7 32-bit.

Works well on my Mac and iPhone.

7/9/15 - 14:19

Assuming that the issue was with a note and not with the platform. I went to evernote on the web and located a note that was kicking out a script error. I deleted that note and now the platform does not crash.  Since this is only crashing the Windows platform, I will try to "Copy" the note from Mac while off-line, before synching to try to recover the data. Also, since it only happens on Windows, I think that the Evernote team should look at this condition as a bug.

TTFN.

• Level 5*

Also, since it only happens on Windows, I think that the Evernote team should look at this condition as a bug.

I agree.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Archived