Have lost most of my notes

Lightning recently took out my computer and printer. As I set up my new computer, I thought I would be able to access Evernote and see my notes. This is the free version. There are six notes showing - nothing, of course, I really care about. I am just wondering/hoping if there's something I don't know, some way to recover my notes. Thanks to Carbonite, I retrieved ALL of my files, just not the ones I had thought were secure on evernote. Any thoughts?

Lightning recently took out my computer and printer. As I set up my new computer, I thought I would be able to access Evernote and see my notes. This is the free version. There are six notes showing - nothing, of course, I really care about. I am just wondering/hoping if there's something I don't know, some way to recover my notes. Thanks to Carbonite, I retrieved ALL of my files, just not the ones I had thought were secure on evernote. Any thoughts?

It's always helpful to mention what client(s) you're using, when asking for help.

Log into yout account with the web client at Evernote.com to see what notes are on the EN servers. Are they all there?

If you were using the Mac or Windows desktop client and...

- didn't sync your notes to the EN servers and/or

- had most of your notes in local (non-synced) notebooks...

...they would not be on the EN servers and you would be responsible for making your own backups. (Please search the board on backup to see how to backup the database for the desktop client you were using.)

• Level 5*

Thanks to Carbonite, I retrieved ALL of my files, just not the ones I had thought were secure on evernote. Any thoughts?

Since you use Carbonite, you should be able to restore your Evernote folder and app from backup.

then you would need to export the Notes of interest to ENEX files, one file per EN Notebook.

For details see:

Archived