Evernote 6.0.15 Broken for editing previous notes

mangareaderrad

Idea

I just updated my Evernote because it had been a few versions since the last time, and now my Evernote is practically useless on my Mac.

When I go in to edit a note in the middle of a sentence the program will automatically select the text between where I'm typing and the end of the sentence. Which essentially makes it so that I have to type one character at a time if I want to adjust anything. I have to type one character press the back arrow and then type again, rinse and repeat.

post-262861-0-94780700-1436292379_thumb.

post-262861-0-42885000-1436292381_thumb.

I'm having a horrible time trying to find a place to report this issue so that it can be fixed ASAP because it has made Evernote completely unusable.

I'm on a MacBook Pro Retina running Mac OS X 10.7.5 with Evernote 6.0.15 installed. And yes I reinstalled Evernote fresh from the website.

I only have Evernote Basic, which seems to make it impossible to tell the Evernote team that there is an issue, since this is not an issue that I can solve for myself.

Any suggestions on how to get this to their attention would be appreciated.

7 replies to this idea

@Metrodon I had seen that they're trying to do help through @evernotehelps, but since it's an issue that they have to make a new version to fix, twitter didn't seem the appropriate place.

@JMichael Thank you for the link, I was trying to find a place to view known bugs and had yet to come across this. I'll know where to look in the future.

• Level 5*

I just updated my Evernote because it had been a few versions since the last time, and now my Evernote is practically useless on my Mac.

. . .

Any suggestions on how to get this to their attention would be appreciated.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Just finding this thread in my frustration with cut/paste/deletion in notes on Mac. I've relied heavily on Evernote for the last few years, but updates to the editor this year have made it extremely challenging to continue to use effectively from my desktop which is as critical as from my devices.

I find it hard to believe that for a product that is so heavily centric on management of text that we can't get a more timely fix to these central issues. I'm finding it hard to recommend as strongly to the hundreds of students I network with regularly.

Please fix it!

If I've missed the fix, please point me, I'm on Version 6.0.16 (451862 App Store) on Mac v 10.9.5 OSX.

Archived