change the "start note" template... how?

Hej to all....

can´t believe that no one asked before, but i can´t find a post to my issue...

I want to change my "standard"-Note-template to start new notes with a changed note-layout. I can´t find a hint for my wishes in the internet....

At this time I start a new note with the button in Evernote (Web or Desktop) and the empty "standard-layouted-Note" from Evernote appears to fill in ....

What I want is: click on the new note button, but than give me a modified Note - as a formatted template (note) by myself - to fill in my text....

But how can I give the instruction to evernote to give me another "STtandard-Note" ? Is it possible?

Thanks for help...

• Level 5

Try searching the forum for the word... template. There are many posts on this subject.

I don't believe you can alter the default new note (blank note).

I created a phone template that includes lined chart that includes specific information I want (as I make or receive a call).

In Evernote Windows, I make a copy of the phone template. I right click on the empty master phone template and select "copy to notebook". Then I fill in the copy.

This is what my master phone template looks like.

http://www.evernote.com/l/AAICEoQVYMxG2YMpDcP0WBGcw3D3anWtHmc/

You can drag&drop (or export) your template note on windows desktop.

When you'll double click on it, it will open EN and create a new note with your template.

If EN is pin in the windows task bar, you can drag it over EN icon.

The tpl notes then appears in the right-click menu of the EN icon.

Try searching the forum for the word... template. There are many posts on this subject.

I don't believe you can alter the default new note (blank note).

I created a phone template that includes lined chart that includes specific information I want (as I make or receive a call).

In Evernote Windows, I make a copy of the phone template. I right click on the empty master phone template and select "copy to notebook". Then I fill in the copy.

This is what my master phone template looks like.

http://www.evernote.com/l/AAICEoQVYMxG2YMpDcP0WBGcw3D3anWtHmc/

Hej jbenson2,

thanks for information... At this time I do it in the same way as you described, but as I always need the other layout and not the blank EN-NoteTemplate. So I look for an easier "workflow"...

You can drag&drop (or export) your template note on windows desktop.

When you'll double click on it, it will open EN and create a new note with your template.

If EN is pin in the windows task bar, you can drag it over EN icon.

The tpl notes then appears in the right-click menu of the EN icon.

nice idea.... I can live with that "workaround" ;-)

Will try it.... THX...

• Level 5*

What I want is: click on the new note button, but than give me a modified Note - as a formatted template (note) by myself - to fill in my text....

Evernote does NOT have an actual template feature, but you can simulate one by:

1. Create Note(s) that have the format and boilerplate text you want
    1. For details, see EN: Note Templates
  2. Use a keyboard macro utility to create a new Note using this "template" Note.

Some Popular Keyboard Macro Utilities

These tools also provide lots of other useful features.

Archived