Not able to use Outlook Clipper OR e-mail attachments

I'm a long time premium subscriber and have been a big supporter of EN, but I am growing incredibly frustrated.  I rely heavily on getting e-mails with attachments into EN.  However, a month or so ago (wish I had the exact moment, but I do not) every time I try to get an e-mail into EN using the Clipper for Outlook (2013) on Windows 8.1, it crashes Outlook.  Hoping that EN would send out an update to fix this issue, I began using the simple workaround of forwarding e-mails into EN.  This worked, for a while, but now attachments are not being added.  Replacing the original attachment is a "winmail.dat" file that is roughly the same file size as the original attachment.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling EN, disabling/re-enabling the Outlook add-in, but with no luck.  Looking for anyone else that has the same issues and has a successful fix.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Are you using the free basic version of Evernote?  When the different tiers of service were revised recently,  setting up notes by email was reserved for Plus and Premium users. 

I was finally able to get in contact with Evernote support.  The Outlook Clipper issue is a known one that they've been working on, but clearly, unsuccessfully.  They gave no timeline for a fix.  How they can take so long to fix a critical component of the service is frankly unacceptable and, although I have been a premium user for  years, has dented my confidence enough to cause me to look at other solutions.

In regard to the issue with attachments, I had to make a change to how Outlook 2013 sends files to Internet addresses (http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outlook-is-sending-winmail-dat-attachments/).  I'm not sure how this problem came about, as I had not changed any options within Outlook.  Given all of the problems cropping up with each successive Evernote update, I'm led to believe that Evernote most likely caused the problem.

• Level 5*

Sorry.  If I had read your first post properly,  that was a bit obvious.   I'm glad you requested Evernote's support too...and quite impressed that they replied so quickly.  Thank you for the update.

There is,  as you found out,  some fuss going on around the Clipper issue.  After a quick look at the link you provided,  I think we've seen this before - other users having 'winmail.dat' problems - so in that case I'm not sure it's wholly down to Evernote...  not wholly...

Archived