evernote doesn't exist anymore ?! ( concern )

Hi guys 

i have seen many topics talking about backing up evernote notes ..

since evernote is my main tool now sorting everything in my life specially my work . 

i started to think , what if one day i wake up and evernote doesn't exist anymore 

what should i do with my backup files ..?

am i able to export this notes in the backup files to folders ?

what about the media inside these notes ( voice notes photos .. etc ) 

evernote backup file is going to be useless if i don't have evernote client ?

i wish for evernote to live forever but just to have more confidence about this stunning tool of life ...

Regards 

• Level 5*

If you have installed and sync'd the desktop versions (EN Mac, EN Win) of Evernote, then you should always have access to your Notes even if you can't connect to the Evernote Cloud Service, since ALL of your Notes are also stored on your computer.  Just be sure to NOT sign out of the Evernote app, because signing in DOES require a connection to Evernote Cloud.

For a long time now, many of us have recommended that all users should maintain their own personal backup independent of the Evernote Cloud.

For details, See Evernote Backup and Restore Options

As mentioned in the above link, you can always export your Notes to HTML, which is a universal formal readable by most apps these days.

• Level 5*

i wish for evernote to live forever but just to have more confidence about this stunning tool of life ...

Regards

Hi. There isn't much to it. You should be doing regular backups.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/49300-mac-newbie-question-how-do-you-back-up-the-en-database-on-a-mac/?p=248300

You can also export as .html, as mentioned above by JM. Forever is a long time. I don't know if that is something Evernote, or anyone else, can promise right now.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/feb/13/google-boss-warns-forgotten-century-email-photos-vint-cerf

But, Evernote is one of the few companies that have recognized the issue and are actively grappling with solutions. 

http://blog.longnow.org/02014/11/19/stewart-brand-keynote-video-from-02014-evernote-conference/

It'll be interesting to see if Evernote's long-term vision remains without its chief visionary, Phil Libin. Whatever happens, though, if you follow the steps above, the odds are ever in your favor (slight hint of a dystopian future here -- notes won't do you much good in the hunger games).

T

If you have installed and sync'd the desktop versions (EN Mac, EN Win) of Evernote, then you should always have access to your Notes even if you can't connect to the Evernote Cloud Service, since ALL of your Notes are also stored on your computer.  Just be sure to NOT sign out of the Evernote app, because signing in DOES require a connection to Evernote Cloud.

For a long time now, many of us have recommended that all users should maintain their own personal backup independent of the Evernote Cloud.

For details, See Evernote Backup and Restore Options

As mentioned in the above link, you can always export your Notes to HTML, which is a universal formal readable by most apps these days.

Thanks a lot for your reply , got it now but are we able to convert Evernote XML format (.enex) to html without evernote client ?

or i should always do both type of backup files .enex and html .

Thanks 

• Level 5*

Thanks a lot for your reply , got it now but are we able to convert Evernote XML format (.enex) to html without evernote client ?

Thanks 

You may want to try exporting a couple of Notes to ENEX and HTML to familiarlize yourself with the process.

You do NOT convert ENEX to HTML.  EN Mac gives you two options for export:  ENEX and HTML.

Even if Evernote disappeared tomorrow, your EN Mac app would still run.  So you could wait until you need the HTML files do make the export.

Take a look at the link I provided above, Evernote Backup and Restore Options.

You may want to do regular backups with both options #1 and #2 for the reasons stated.

You don't need to export to HTML until you need to import your Evernote Notes into another app, or maybe for archival reasons.

Thanks 

You may want to try exporting a couple of Notes to ENEX and HTML to familiarlize yourself with the process.

You do NOT convert ENEX to HTML.  EN Mac gives you two options for export:  ENEX and HTML.

Even if Evernote disappeared tomorrow, your EN Mac app would still run.  So you could wait until you need the HTML files do make the export.

Take a look at the link I provided above, Evernote Backup and Restore Options.

You may want to do regular backups with both options #1 and #2 for the reasons stated.

You don't need to export to HTML until you need to import your Evernote Notes into another app, or maybe for archival reasons.

This is really helpful thanks a lot for your support

Archived