Only keep what's important

Hi I'm using the web clipper but I would like to only keep the text that I highlight in articles the. Just the goldlen nuggets and a link back to the source. That's all I want to keep it might be one word or phrase. I may even what to share via social media that attributing the article

P.S You should partner with evercontact. 

I'd like such a feature.

For now there are some workarounds.

Maybe you don't know but you select non-consecutive part of text : select first one as usual, and for the next ones hold ctrl while selecting.

Once it's done :

- Win-A to create a new note with the selection - but all trunks will be paste without carriage return.

- right-click and "capture selection" - you'll have carriage return only if they already exist between the different selected areas (2 trunks selected within a single paragraph won't have carriage return in your noe)

Url will be saved in the note's metadata.

You can also use a script for multiple copy-paste  (I've wrote one, https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/86178-autohotkey-clipstack-stack-selections-in-clipboard-and-create-note/) or install a clipboard manager.

edit: I added link to the script. It don't save the url, you will have to copy it also  before pasting.

• Level 5*

Hi I'm using the web clipper but I would like to only keep the text that I highlight in articles the. 

Until/IF Evernote provides this feature, one workaround is to use browser extensions/addins that allow you to highlight text and save it to the website of the service.  You could then copy/paste from that site into Evernote.  I can't remember for sure, but some of these extensions might allow you to copy the highlighted text to the clipboard, which would be easy to paste into a new EN Note.

That sounds like a lot of trouble, and I think it is.

Personally, I would highlight and clip the article to Evernote, then just delete the unwanted text in the Evernote Note.

• Level 5*

I always save articles to Instapaper. Then, when I read them, I Highlight the bits of text I want to keep. Instapaper has built-in features to automatically send these to Evernote (or social media), though I use IFTTT to achieve the same result because it lets me customize how these snippets appear (as well as which notebook and tags get used). Plus, Instapaper now lets you add notes to your highlights, so you can save both the quote AND the text you wrote as your reaction to it. It's fantastic!

My highlight+note in Instapaper:

rkS6UnjJR1-3000x3000.jpeg

How it shows up in Evernote:

D7UiWgVBoD-3000x3000.jpeg

@Chirmer,

I love that!!

Another possibility is to install a text expander app like PhraseExpress which gives you access to dozens of your recent copies to clipboard.

I set up an easy keyboard shortcut to bring up the clipboard cache and then another keyboard shortcut in tandem with the number keys to consecutively paste in reverse order what I clipped. Here's an example:

Clippings.png?dl=1

I start pasting from #5, which was the first post in this thread... #4, #3, #2, #1 (which finishes off with this post). It will copy reams and reams and reams of text. Trust me, I've really put it to the test. 

• Level 5*

I always save articles to Instapaper. Then, when I read them, I Highlight the bits of text I want to keep. Instapaper has built-in features to automatically send these to Evernote (or social media), though I use IFTTT to achieve the same result because it lets me customize how these snippets appear (as well as which notebook and tags get used). Plus, Instapaper now lets you add notes to your highlights, so you can save both the quote AND the text you wrote as your reaction to it. It's fantastic!

@Chirmer:

Thanks for sharing.  IMO, that's the best solution!

• Level 5*

@Chirmer:

Thanks for sharing.  IMO, that's the best solution!

Thanks, I’m happy to share! I really love this solution because I do most of my reading via Instapaper on my iPad or iPhone - and because it routes through IFTTT, it works no matter where I do it. All highlights and comments will still be sent to my Evernote account. I have a few base tags I use for these (ifttt, instapaper, article, thoughts) and it auto-applies those, too. Then when I sort it, I just add topical tags in Evernote and add to my Notes notebook. Super easy! It’s actually probably the thing I do most with Evernote, and is a large chunk of my note content. It’s super smooth :)

Here’s the recipe I use (for those interested):

https://ifttt.com/recipes/305053-send-all-instapaper-notes-to-evernote

Archived