Feature Request - Indention on iOS

Shane Guymon

Idea

6 replies to this idea

In my experience, the indention only works for lists, whether numbers, bullets, or checkboxes.

I would appreciate indentation of regular text as well.

When will you provide the functionality to indent text on iOS? On the iPad you have an icon to indent in the toolbar but I have yet to figure out how to make it work. It's always in an inactive state.

Indentation used to be possible on iOS.  I think the rebuild at the release of iOS 7 did away with it.  However, if you want a work around for the mean time try this:

1. Add a checkbox from the lists menu.
  2. Indent the line, again from the lists menu.
  3. Delete the checkbox.  The indent will remain.

Great workaround, Dan! Unfortunately, looks like a regression issue may have been introduced. In the latest version of Evernote for iOS on my iPhone, I added a checkbox and then typed just a few words and sure enough, the indent option/icon was available; however, after typing in more text on that same checkbox item, the text wrapped and the wrapped text is NOT formatted with a hanging indent, and the indent option/icon is no longer available. I will submit this to Evernote Support. 

I had come to this forum to submit a feature request for hanging indent formatting for checkboxes, but it looks like it is actually a regression issue! I've been using Evernote for several years, so this explains why I didn't noticed it before—it is because it worked before! 

Your post was extremely helpful, Dan! :) 

Archived