title cursor default

I've read the threads going back over a year regarding the default cursor position on a new note.  Like many others, I would prefer it in the note title.  Is this really still an outstanding issue so many months later????  I'm new to evernote, I'm having to type a lot of my notes in from my old program, and moving the cursor around is really killing my thrust...  Is there a workaround I'm not aware of?  F2 is not working for me, for some reason.

DC

• Level 5*

In the Windows client,  the cursor position is a Registry setting (see previous forum threads). 

ENRegEd  is an application developed by experienced Evernote user @spg SCOTT to change some options that don't (yet) have a menu tickbox.  It hasn't been updated recently,  where Evernote has (a lot) so some of these settings may no longer work - use with caution...

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/64040-windows-enreged-access-evernotes-hidden-registry-settings/

• Level 5*

I've read the threads going back over a year regarding the default cursor position on a new note.  Like many others, I would prefer it in the note title.  Is this really still an outstanding issue so many months later????  I'm new to evernote, I'm having to type a lot of my notes in from my old program, and moving the cursor around is really killing my thrust...  Is there a workaround I'm not aware of?  F2 is not working for me, for some reason.

DC

According to this EN KB Article, "F2" should work, should put the cursor in the Title block.

If it does not, then it looks like a bug to me.

If you are not comfortable with making Registry changes (which can break with any EN update), the best workaround IMO is 3rd party tools like AutoHotKey and PhaseExpress to create a new Note and put the cursor in the Title block.  These tools also provide lots of other useful features.

If you would like to submit a bug report see:

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

• 1 year later...

This topic has been my biggest beef with Evernote forever now. For me I use Evernote mostly on my iPhone. I turned off suggested titles because I don't need my calendar event or location in my title. 

I honestly don't get it. Can someone explain why the developers or managers at Evernote don't want the cursor defaulting to the title bar. Am I in the minority??

How does "untitled note" in the title line help?

Microsoft OneNote for iOS does the same thing. But it will take your top line and display it as the title. 

Hey Evernote, the little things are important too. 

My thumb needs a break from tapping in the title bar every time I start a new note. 

Archived