Viewing permissions

CottEm

Hi,

I am trying to share a single note in a notebook I do not want to share. The only way I can seem to do this is through the work chat, but I would like it to come up in my colleagues notes so they too can edit it.

Does anyone know a way of doing this?

• Level 5*

Allowing multiple access to one note seems like a 'conflicting change' waiting to happen - you're either likely to get complaints that the note is locked and can't be accessed because someone else is using it,  or that changes have been lost - overwritten by someone else's work saved first.  If you want the note to be editable,  Work Chat is a way to monitor access so more than one person can discuss and make changes.  I don't think there's a way to share a single note with editing privileges,  other than moving it to a separate notebook and sharing that.

• Level 5*

Hi,

I am trying to share a single note in a notebook I do not want to share. The only way I can seem to do this is through the work chat, but I would like it to come up in my colleagues notes so they too can edit it.

The direct answer is:  No.

If you want the recipients to have EDIT rights, then you will need to create a Notebook (or use an existing one) and share that NB.

EDIT:  Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 5:37 PM

I was wrong.  See the post below by Justin.

The only way I can seem to do this is through the work chat, but I would like it to come up in my colleagues notes so they too can edit it.

If you want to share a note with a colleague so they can edit it:

1. Navigate to the note you wish to share
  2. Click on the share button in the note editor toolbar
  3. Type the name or email of the recipient
  4. Select the permission level you want to grant on the note (e.g. view, edit, edit and invite) (optional)
  5. Type a message (optional)
  6. Hit send to share the note

This can be done independent of sharing a notebook. 

Here's a screenshot.

Archived