Evernote, you've wrecked my workflow now. Emailing notes should be grandfathered

My employer blocks Evernote at work. The only way I could save scanned documents to Evernote was to email them. Now, I have to pay for that. Sorry, but Drive and Dropbox don't, so you've lost me as a very long time client. Not to mention your lack of Linux support... Ya, I could pay and move on, but this new upgrade smacks of a cash grab.

My employer blocks Evernote at work. The only way I could save scanned documents to Evernote was to email them. Now, I have to pay for that. Sorry, but Drive and Dropbox don't, so you've lost me as a very long time client. Not to mention your lack of Linux support... Ya, I could pay and move on, but this new upgrade smacks of a cash grab.

Yes!!! The audacity of a company actually wanting to get paid for their work!!!

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/85992-the-mail-conundrum-pay-or-abandon-your-notes/

Ya, I figured I would get that reply. They do get paid. Lots. The data cap was a perfect system in my opinion. I don't pay to forward emails to Drive or Dropbox. Taking away features from the free account versus capping data, is the wrong way to make a change. Offer a new feature for premium accounts. Don't limit free accounts to the point where they are useless.

• Level 5*

The only way I could save scanned documents to Evernote was to email them. Now, I have to pay for that. Sorry, but Drive and Dropbox don't, so you've lost me as a very long time client.

Ya, I could pay and move on, but this new upgrade smacks of a cash grab.

Since you have not been paying anything to Evernote, I'd guess it's not much of an impact to lose such "a very long time client".

If you have not upgraded to a paying account by now, it's not likely that you ever will.

Is there some reason you feel entitled to use software provided by someone else and not pay for it?

It probably is a "cash grab" in the sense that Evernote would like to get paid for your use of their products.

I was a paying client. For years.

I suppose, if their model is to remove features for the vast majority of their accounts, then it is a good time to go.

If the vast majority of user accounts are free... then something had to give.

EDIT: Please check out this link before you go. 

http://bit.ly/1T22UyS

• Level 5*

Frank,

I might have offered this, ignoring the title which would be offensive in this case, not intent there.  Just the lyrics ... 

I do appreciate the app but I am desappointed of the recent restriction. It is a pity that there is not a trade off between the interest of the developers and those of a common user, meaning not using the app as a professional tool. I am ready to pay for this app, let's say 10 $ per year and I am sure that we are very numerous in this case. This could mean a lot of money for the developer. I will probably quit this app because without emailing it is not very different than the native Apple note, probably because I use only a very small part of the possibility of this app but again I think that we are numerous in this case. I already left a rating on this sense on the Apple Store where I saw similar opinions.

Hope that this could be understood.

Archived