sync failed due to unexpected problem server side

seebee

I am getting this message in Windows version. Both ipad and android versions do not display it. Does anyone have any clues where to look for the cause of this? Support has  had the query for a week and not responded. There are some other similar questions on this forum that don't really go anywhere.

Windows Evernote does appear to be 'syncing', but there is a different number of notes recorded between Windows and ios.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

• Level 5*

Hi.  The error you're getting happens from time to time - it does mean that sync hasn't happened,  or hasn't completed correctly,  which would explain why you're seeing differences in note numbers.

Evernote's generic sync fail advice is here - https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23168822

I'd recommend emptying the Trash notebook and fixing any notes in Conflicting Changes notebooks on both your desktop,  and in the web version of your account.

Thanks for your advice. Generic sync  info was all checked. Uninstall,reinstall latest version, empty trash, conflicting notes check etc. Notes have same number across all platforms now, but sync warning is still present. Windows touch seems to sync without drama. Perhaps I had better get to know that version.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  The Actvity Log (see desktop Help menu) might give you some clues.  If you went through the checklist I assume you've restarted the desktop at least once and logged out of and back into Evernote,  so the warning shouldn't be a holdover from the original error...  are you a premium subscriber?  If so you could raise a support ticket and use the Chat option to get some EN tech input on this...

Problem was solved by moving database away from Evernote, signing out, resigning in. Thanks for your attention Gazumped

Hi

I'm facing the same issue as well and Evernote have not replied me on how to fix this issue. Which database/file that you moved away? Would you mind to elaborate bit more?

Thanks

This is a transcript of advice given to me

Before anything...

Export unsynced notes and/or local notebooks (if you have any):

Select all unsynced notes, or each local notebook, then right-click and select Export Notes…

Choose 'Export as a file in ENEX format (.enex)', then click Export

(Unsynced notes are ones that do not appear on the Evernote website or on other Evernote applications.
Local notebooks can be found by going into the notebook section of the Evernote application and scroll through the list of notebooks. In that list you will see next to the note count on the right side of each notebook, it would say Local Notebook or nothing at all).

Next

Move your existing Evernote database:

Open Evernote for Windows

Select Evernote > Options > General > Open Database folder to locate the database.

Select File > Sign out… from the menu bar

Move the [username].exb file to your desktop

Open Evernote and log in to your Evernote account

Evernote will download all of your synced notes from the servers and create a new database on your computer. You can then import any exported notes by selecting File > Import from the menu bar.

• Level 5*

I'm facing the same issue as well and Evernote have not replied me on how to fix this issue. 

If you will post your EN Support Ticket# here, hopefully an EN employee will come along to help escalate it.

You can also Tweet your Ticket#:

Since Evernote now is providing official support to all users via Twitter, you might post on Twitter @evernotehelps.  It might also be good to include a link back to your post here.

Archived