Hi -

I'm relatively new to using Evernote Free and brand new to the forum.  Part of the way I use Evernote for work is to create to-do lists within in a notebook.  I'm wondering if there is a way to aggregate those to-do's from all of the notebooks into a single list.  At this point, I have to go through each notebook.  If I have to upgrade, I'm happy to do so.

Thanks.

Jim

• Level 5*

Hi.  No upgrade required;  it's not possible. Closest you could get is finding all the to-do lists in one search and creating a Table of Contents note with links to all of the lists found in one note.

• Level 5*

There are 3rd party apps/add-ons that will probably provide what you need.

For more info, do a google on "evernote todo list"

I'm relatively new to using Evernote Free and brand new to the forum.  Part of the way I use Evernote for work is to create to-do lists within in a notebook.  I'm wondering if there is a way to aggregate those to-do's from all of the notebooks into a single list.  At this point, I have to go through each notebook.  If I have to upgrade, I'm happy to do so.

Hi.  No upgrade required;  it's not possible. Closest you could get is finding all the to-do lists in one search and creating a Table of Contents note with links to all of the lists found in one note.

... and/or save the search and set it as a shorcut.

• Level 5*

Or just create a note and put the to-do's in it as you go.  Not a lot of fun, but it will get everything in one place.  Pure to do list processing is not a strength of EN without a workaround of some sort.

• 4 months later...

While it may not be possible as a user, it certainly is something that could be developed within the app.

providing mechanisms for searching on common tags, meta content, etc, should be something that Evernote has in its sights, as this is a clear strength...I would love to see this functionality within evernote as well.

To Gazumped's point:

I just learned to search with the following:

todo:false

• this provides a search for all notes that have at least one to-do item that is unchecked across your notebooks.

todo:true

• this provides a search for all notes that have at least one to-do item that is checked across your notebooks.

Handy and quite good enough for me!

this keeps your to-do's in context with your note content.

at this time I know of nothing that provides a single note with a 'dynamic-master' list of all tasks.  Though I bet the developers could accomplish that if they were so inclined...

• Level 5*

While it may not be possible as a user, it certainly is something that could be developed within the app.

providing mechanisms for searching on common tags, meta content, etc, should be something that Evernote has in its sights, as this is a clear strength...I would love to see this functionality within evernote as well.

All of that is already available within Evernote's search functions.  The topic in this thread was aggregating to-do lists into a single entity.  Still not possible.

Archived