New Evernote for Windows 5.8.11 Public

gazumped

• Level 5*

We seem to be missing a release note or two here,  since I just downloaded and installed 5.8.11 - and I know at least one other person has done so.  Had to log in again on restart,  which hasn't happened before...

I duly updated and started to use it,  and immediately fell over one problem - I use an external app to rotate and resize pictures,  and previously double-clicking on the a picture in a note was enough to open the editor with that picture installed.  Doesn't happen any longer.  I need to right-click,  use Open With,  and choose my app from a drop-down list.

Once opened and edited,  I'm also used to then saving my picture back over the original in the Attachments folder,  and having the note update itself with the new,  rotated and smaller,  edited replacement.  Also doesn't happen now - I've changed the same picture twice (just to make sure I didn't miss-click) and the original picture still reigns supreme.

I'll do a restart in a little while,  just in case,  but there could be more to come...

If anyone else has any specific 5.8.11 experiences,  please log 'em here...

Edit:  Just answered my own question (kind've) - when the pics are saved to the Attachments folder,  they show as Picture(X) - (not Picture(X).JPG) - and my software saves them back as the same,  so they're not recognised as actual pictures by Windows when opening them,  or by Evernote as needing replacement....  :huh:

Yeah,  current local backups are always the first thing before updates!  ;)

Yes, especially if the databases is on another space and default and the new installation write over all

Without backups I've lost all my local notebooks by now

Now my private computer is updated to 5.8.11

The installation didn't accepted my database folder (I have Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive, Bix (cloud) in another folder than the installation put they) So its created a new folder. (Over a year since the installation did that)

When I change the settings in Evernote its write over my old.

And after closing Evernote and move the backup I was ready to sync.

But by then my Internet-connection was sleeping... :o

--- Break / paus ---

Now everything is synced

Without any conflicts and lost notes. :)

Ok, I just received an update which states new version but release notes are exactly the same as in previous version 5.8.11.8117. Any idea what is going on?

Evernote for Windows 5.8.12.8127 GA Release Notes

Stability improvements to 5.8.11:

Faster launch and sync

Numerous fixes and stability improvements
  • Fixed OCR bugs
  • Fixed bug where YXBJ customers could not export some notebooks
  • Fixed bug that caused text to be truncated in Account Info for some languages
  • Fixed several bugs which caused the app to freeze
  • 1 security fix -- learn more at
    #

You're right - "Stability improvements to 5.8.11" is the only change in the details.  No official release post in the forums yet either...

That is correct, I checked the forums right away. Might be some small bug they detected and quickly released an update to fix it but didn't spend time on officially documenting it as they normally do.

Ok, I just received an update which states new version but release notes are exactly the same as in previous version 5.8.11.8117. Any idea what is going on?

Evernote for Windows 5.8.12.8127 GA Release Notes

Stability improvements to 5.8.11:

Faster launch and sync

Numerous fixes and stability improvements

• Fixed OCR bugs
  • Fixed bug where YXBJ customers could not export some notebooks
  • Fixed bug that caused text to be truncated in Account Info for some languages
  • Fixed several bugs which caused the app to freeze
  • 1 security fix -- learn more at https://evernote.com/security-updates#win

...and the URL they quote for the security fix doesn't work!

Hi,

I just installed this new version 5.8.12.8127 (276127) Public.

Every time I restart Evernote it, the choose "Evernote level that works for you" popup keeps poping up... even if I select the Free Basic Plan, it keeps reappearing at every start!!! :( :( :(

• Level 5*

Are you File > Exiting or Ctrl-Q(uitting) Evernote each time?  If no-one else has access to your device,  just close the window when you aren't using it...

Every time I restart Evernote it, the choose "Evernote level that works for you" popup keeps poping up...

This is a bug we just identified. We're not sure how the database originally got into that state, but it will be fixed in the next release.

Every time I restart Evernote it, the choose "Evernote level that works for you" popup keeps poping up...

This is a bug we just identified. We're not sure how the database originally got into that state, but it will be fixed in the next release.

OK thanks.

Archived