Google calendar

How about using the free Sunrise Calendar? - It pulls in your info from Google Calendar, Evernote reminders... And tons of other sources.

I pull info in from Trello, Evernote, iOS reminders and iCal.

How about using the free Sunrise Calendar? - It pulls in your info from Google Calendar, Evernote reminders... And tons of other sources.

I pull info in from Trello, Evernote, iOS reminders and iCal.

Thanks for the Sunrise Calendar recommendation - I just installed it and it works like a breeze :) . I used to use Pocket Informant, which is another great calendar-app (but not free), unfortunately it stopped working with my "old" iphone 4s.

Is there any way to put a link in the notes of a calendar event which will open EN and go to that note ? 

I installed Sunrise, above, neat, but I use other calendars and I don't want to create new entries in EN

Thanks !

Exactly... Sunrise pulls in Evernote Reminders... But what you're probably wanting to do is pop an Evernote note link into the note section of a calendar event, especially if it is a recurring event - like a weekly scheduled class that I have with individual students. Some do it better than others.

You'll need to tinker with the different types of Evernote note links. One takes you to the web client while another opens the native app on whatever platform you're on.

• Level 5*

To create a Note Link to your local EN app in EN Mac, you need to right-click on a Note in the list, then hold down the OPTION key, and click on "Get Classic Note Link".  Otherwise, if you click on "Get Note Link" it will be a web URL to the Note.

I'm not sure about the process in EN Win.

You'll need to tinker with the different types of Evernote note links. One takes you to the web client while another opens the native app on whatever platform you're on.

How do you make a link useful outside EN that opens naive app, EN? Thanks

• Level 5*

Thanks. EN Windows has similar "classic note link" but it is useless outside of EN Windows.

That's too bad.

In EN Mac, I can create a Classic Note Link, and paste into any other application on my Mac, including Outlook calendar.

When I click on this link in the other apps, it opens the Note in EN Mac.

On my iPhone, when I tap on the link in the Calendar app, it opens the Note in EN iOS.

How do you make a link useful outside EN that opens naive app, EN? Thanks

Not sure whether there's a more direct way... but what you can do is the following:

• right click on your note in the note list > Copy Note Link
  • Paste into a note
  • Right click on the text with the embedded link (which should be the note title of the note) > Edit ... OR Ctrl+Shift+K
  • Copy the embedded link, which should start with... evernote:///view/....
  • Paste that link into the note/ URL/ details field of a calendar event
  • You should be able to click on that link and go directly to your note in Evernote on mobile device

There's no way to create links in IOS clients, right?

Nope... 

What I used to do was wait until I was at a desktop to do so. @PC is a useful GTD hack in this case  :P

The only thing you can do on the iOS clients is get the share link (either public or private)... which when clicked/ tapped on will be viewable online... and you'll have the opportunity to add it to your account... which is not what you want to do. So... it's a no-go on mobile. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

We've recently released an Evernote Calendar Connector in the App Center that auto creates calendar events for every reminder and lets you update them in the calendar or in Evernote. It also provides a link directly to the note. 

Would love to know what you think.

From a quick look on your web site, it looks great!

Could you confirm that it also works with Exchange Server?

What's the price?

• 2 weeks later...

Try Calengoo on android, also has an ios version for iphone/ipad. 

Reminder is visible in calengoo, and better still you can link notes without reminders to calender entries. You can't access them from google calendar online, but I don't need that.

Hope it helps someone out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it will work with Exchange, if the EWS API is publicly available. You can test this by just signing up.

The price is free.

We've built and are running it in part as a demonstration of the what's possible with of our Unified Calendar API

Cronofy works really fine. Thank you for releasing this, it's a fine product and very useful. I am wondering what's your future plan in terms of the revenue model. Are you planning to charge for the integration to end-users or will you consider sponsoring from the actual commercial application providers such as Evernote.

Nice to have features for Cronofy

1. integration with any CalDav calendar (e.g. Yahoo).  Not a huge deal, I use actually Yahoo Calendar, so I need to use Memotoo to get it synced from Google calendar to Yahoo calendar, but integration with CalDav would be nice to have.

2. ability to integrate both with the calendar (appointment) and with to-dos (tasks). Evernote doesn't support that option yet, but maybe I could make a condition in Cronofy e.g. if  Evernote has a Tag "Appointment", then make it Calendar entry. If the Tag is "Task" then it would sync it as To-do in calendar. I know this goes too far, and it's more a nice to have feature, not critical at all... I am just adding it as possible enhacements

• 3 weeks later...

Our revenue comes from providing an API for developers to integrating their apps and services with their user's calendars. We've chosen to sponsor the Evernote application ourselves as it's a great example of what's possible when you integrate with a user's calendar.

Thanks for the feedback. We're also collating thoughts on our feedback site

More general CalDav support is definitely on the roadmap. Technically we can provide it, it's just about how we handle the user experience cleanly. Yahoo itself has some specific challenges that feel more strategic from them rather than technical  :)

Archived