Notes don't fill window

aurora446

• Level 5*

Questions:

1. Does this happen to all of your Notes?
  2. Do the Notes appear OK using the EN Web client at Evernote.com?
  3. What versions of Evernote and OS are you running?

You can try:

1. sign out of Evernote Win
  2. Restart your PC
  3. Sign back in to EN Win

Other options you can try if the above doesn't resolve your issue:

1. Reinstall Evernote from Evernote.com
    1. Could fix problems with a faulty/incomplete previous install/update
  2. Restore Evernote app and Database from a backup prior to the OS reinstall
    1. I don't know, but it is possible that your issue is caused by the latest update to EN Win
    2. If your backup is of a previous version, that could fix the issue
    3. For details, see EN KB article on Backing up and restoring your data in Evernote for Windows

Questions:

1. Does this happen to all of your Notes?
  2. Do the Notes appear OK using the EN Web client at Evernote.com?
  3. What versions of Evernote and OS are you running?

You can try:

1. sign out of Evernote Win
  2. Restart your PC
  3. Sign back in to EN Win

Other options you can try if the above doesn't resolve your issue:

1. Reinstall Evernote from Evernote.com
    1. Could fix problems with a faulty/incomplete previous install/update
  2. Restore Evernote app and Database from a backup prior to the OS reinstall
    1. I don't know, but it is possible that your issue is caused by the latest update to EN Win
    2. If your backup is of a previous version, that could fix the issue
    3. For details, see EN KB article on Backing up and restoring your data in Evernote for Windows

Questions:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Evernote 5.8.11.8117 and Windows 7 Ultimate (both same as before I did the format)

You can try:

Tried this and had same result

Other options:

Tried this and also made sure to remove the files and folders (databases) after the uninstall and still had notes appearing in this way. When I resize the window and make it smaller, it will act responsively, but when making it larger it only expands up to this point in the picture provided in my prior post. Before the reinstall it filled the window regardless of how large it was.

• Level 5*

Since you've tried, without success, all of my suggestions, then the only suggestion I have left is to submit a bug report.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Since you've tried, without success, all of my suggestions, then the only suggestion I have left is to submit a bug report.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Not sure if this makes a difference, but this problem occurs only when using the web clipper with chrome with simplified article. 

• Level 5*

Not sure if this makes a difference, but this problem occurs only when using the web clipper with chrome with simplified article. 

Yes, that would make a difference.

So I guess your answer to my first question above should be "No", rather than "Yes", correct?.   ;)

You may want to report this behavior in the Evernote Web Clipper forum, since it seems limited to web clips.

A cipped note typically retains the formatting it had on the original web page from which it was clipped. One of such formatting properties could be the width. You can always try right-clicking on the note and using options of "Simplify Formatting" or "Remove Formatting", but the results may not always work out for the better, depending on the original formatting of the page.

Thanks,

Max

Archived