mlquark

ANSWERED Evernote crashes on new Lenovo Tab 2 A8

Tried to install Evernote on the new Lenovo Tab 2 A8 running Android 5, but it won't open. Crashes immediately. Uninstalled and installed several times but it just won't open. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm having the identical problem. Any solutions out there? This is an absolute showstopper...

Thanks.

It is a month since the last post on this subject and I just purchased a new Lenovo Tab 2 A8-50 Tablet and installed Evernote today. Same experience. App starts; screen goes to black; back to the app logo on the main screen. By the way, I get the same behavior when trying to use Skype. Skype is aware of the problem and duplicated it. They claim to have resolved it just today with version 5.1  but I have seen no change. There must be something in common to the two applications causing the problem.

I have the same Lenovo tablet but have not allowed it to upgrade to Android 5 yet and EN is working fine on it, so it's an issue with android not the tablet.

No help I know,  but I'm now using Evernote on Android 5.0.1 on a Note 4 phablet without problems..

GAZUMPED note is well received. I am also running Evernote on Android 5.0.1 on my LG G3 phone. The problem is on the Lenovo Tab 2 A8-50 which is running Android 5.0.2.

I believe that Evernote is not updated for Android 5.0.2 and this really has nothing to do with the Lenovo device but a compatibility issue with the 5.0.2 version of Android.

Too bad nobody from Evernote seems to look at the Evernote forum to provide any enlightenment.

Evernote added an update dated 08/21/2015 to the Google Play Store. I installed it and got a little further than I had before. It asked for my sign in information and took me to the GET STARTED screen. However, when I tapped GET STARTED, the app crashed. I have advised Evernote of the foregoing and they are continuing to work on the problem.

Thanks for the feedback and support tickets.

This appears to be specific to the Lenovo Tab 2 A8.

We are looking into it.

There is a new update, v. 7.1.4, dated August 30, 2015. I installed this update and Evernote is working perfectly on the Lenovo Tab 2 A8-50 Android Tablet. Thank you to the Evernote team and to Jason C. who this through.

• Like 1

There is a new update, v. 7.1.4, dated August 30, 2015. I installed this update and Evernote is working perfectly on the Lenovo Tab 2 A8-50 Android Tablet. Thank you to the Evernote team and to Jason C. who this through.

I'm glad to hear the recent fix has you up and running.  Thanks for your patience while we worked on it.

• Like 1

Jason, I meant to write, "Thank you to the Evernote team and special thanks to Jason C. who saw this through to completion." Sorry about that.

Yes, as the original poster on this thread, thank you all for following through. New version works for me as well!

Absolutely--#2 poster here...and I'm up and running.  Great follow-through by Matt W., Jason C., and the Evernote team.  This is what makes Evernote a great product and a great company.