Noffica

Feature Request: Support for Markdown (GFM)

I would like to file a dedicated feature request for (GitHub-flavoured) Markdown support.

Personally, the most important feature for me is saving snippets of code without having to manually apply a monospaced font every single time.

Yes, I just saw that in another post. Thankfully such a service exists.

Of course, it would be best if such features were integrated into Evernote for Mac.

Personally, the most important feature for me is saving snippets of code without having to manually apply a monospaced font every single time.

If that be the case, then this app might be better suited for your needs:

See Quiver -- Programmers Notebook App

If that be the case, then this app might be better suited for your needs:

See Quiver -- Programmers Notebook App

That is why I said Feature Request.

That is why I said Feature Request.

No problem.  I just wanted to make sure you (and other readers) were aware of your options.

Quiver is available today.  Who knows when, if ever, Evernote will add this feature.

• Like 1

If it were a case like Alternote, which integrates with Evernote, I would have immediately started to use it. Sadly, it doesn't integrate with Evernote.

Evernote Mac 6.5 addresses the OP's key request: It has code block formatting that has both a keyboard shortcut (CONTROL-COMMAND-B) and can be started by type ...  ``` !

OK, it's not exactly markdown, but it seems like a smart compromise between true markdown and maintaining WYSIWYG.

What is mark down? Will keep talking about it yeah I have no idea what the benefits are. Why is it such a big deal?

On February 25, 2016 at 5:57 PM, OMNIZEN said:

What is mark down? .... I have no idea what the benefits are. Why is it such a big deal?

You'd get a better response from a markdown user; until then -
My understanding is that it allows you to keep your hands on the keyboard.  For example, you don't have to reach for the mouse and click on bold to indicate bolded text.
This allows you to focus more on the content of your typing.
I hope I did this justice.  I'm not a markdown user, and spend too much time formatting my typing. This post might explain it better What is markdown

Edited by DTLow
Added link to forum discussion

5 hours ago, DTLow said:

It would have been better if a mark down user replied.

Duh.

5 hours ago, DTLow said:

I'm not a mark down user, and spend too much time formatting my typing.

Duh.

On 2/25/2016 at 7:57 PM, OMNIZEN said:

What is mark down? Will keep talking about it yeah I have no idea what the benefits are. Why is it such a big deal?

For anyone with Internet access, see:
Markdown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 

For more information, just Google "markdown"

+1 on this request...

I just came here after plusoneing the request for html source edit of notes; either of them would be equally useful. Bottom line is, pro users want (need) a way to use proper web text layout capabilities.