Sign in to follow this  
BEE

mac (Archived) BUG REPORT: firefox mac clipping of pdf pages broken

for some reason, i can't seem to save pages that are pdf's any longer into evernote. on a macbook pro with 10.6.2 using the mac version 1.61 and the 3.0.0.65223 clipper, which i've uninstalled and reinstalled, in firefox 3.5.7.

when i "clip" a webpage that is a pdf, i get a new evernote that opens, with the url in the page, and the name of the page as the title, with (application/pdf Object) at the end of the name.

the note is empty.

i have no issues clipping the same page correctly in safari, however.

any help is appreciated.

i love evernote and use it a lot on both my mac and iphone.

thanks!

I am having the same problem. I deleted the old evernote, restarted, and installed the version you linked to, but it's still the same. I can see the pdf from the main window, but when I click on it just the link and paperclip icon show up. I'd like to be able to view the entire file in Evernote. Is there something else I should do? I'm using Firefox on a Mac.

Thanks.

Did you happen to Awesome Note with your account? We've been investigating some reports of problems from notes modified by Awesome Note.

Is there anything I can do? Should I be able to view the PDF files online, or do they have to be stored on my hard drive?

I'd recommend saving them to your hard drive first, then drag those and drop them on our Dock icon, or onto a notebook in Evernote.