The Account-icon feels misplaced

tsvenson

Idea

The icon to the account page is currently placed in the bottom-left corner and it feels a bit misplaced for my UX.

I'm used to that the account access is in the top-right corner for online services and it would also make more sense to group it together with the Share button that already are in the top-right corner.

Moving it would also make it possible to transform it into a drop-down menu where access the the Settings, Market and Log out would feel more natural than the up-right way it is now expanded to.

4 replies to this idea

I completely agree; it took me a few seconds to realize where it was in the new beta because its not in any of the places where a normal 'account' button would be located.

If they insist on keeping it along the left nav-bar, then I would at least very much like to see it placed at the top of the bar where it would be far more intuitive and natural to access it; its current location may be ok on a tablet device, but is a very poor choice for a web or desktop UX.

Please, Evernote, at least move it back to the top!

Agree.  The placement does seem odd, but the icon itself is my issue.  I assume everyone sees an icon with their first initial.  It just looks out of place with the rest of the UI.

Hello! Just in case you aren't aware, you can change your image from the default letter to a custom image by going to Settings > Profile Settings. 

- Nancy

Archived