A way to refresh the web content is missing

tsvenson

Idea

I really like the new Evernote web beta, the way it has removed a lot of stuff that took focus from the work and at the same time kept the layout from the small screen to the bigger ones.

It's just one thing I can find yet:

- How to refresh/reload the notes list without reloading the whole page.

The Elephant up in the left corner is grey and not interactive, nor can I find any other buttons or options that allows me to get Evernote to update the list so that new items, such as after a new webclip, are visible for me to work on.

Personally I would like to have this in a notification icon that shows the number of new (yet unlisted) items in my view, but also the option to allow Evernote to automatically update the current list-view if any new items are added from any other connected source. The latter should also make newly added items stand out in the list a bit so I get a visual queue they are new.

Thanks for an awesome tool that keeps getting better...

7 replies to this idea

having to refresh the web browser and reload the WHOLE PAGE is horrendously slow and tedious...

...cannot believe in this day and age, when Facebook allows you to do zillions of things within a page, that you cannot design a way to refresh just the Notes list without reloading the whole page!!!

There are a great many things on the Web Evernote which are difficult to believe.

I have this vision of an Evernote team constantly monitoring Chromebook sales and sensibly reducing by half the endless fantasy figures from Google about by how much Chromebooks are about to overtake just about everything under the sun, including Usain Bolt.

But if one day Chromebooks really did take off, with a corresponding predicted increase in Evernote Web use, I can see that monitoring group phoning the Evernote engineers and telling them to dust off the Web "To Do" list which is propping up one of the wobbly tables in the office.  All of a sudden changes would begin to rain down on the Web version.

But for now, it just ain't a priority for Evernote. The big money is still elsewhere. Though they will never tell you that.

I found a way to get around this by creating two separate bookmarklets on my browser.

Selection_004.png

Each bookmarklet links to a different notebook. In this case, evn links to my preferred notebook, while evn2 links to an empty notebook. By clicking on evn2 and, right after that, clicking back on evn, that causes the note list to clear and refresh under my preferred notebook.

I know, it's not the best solution, but until they implement a Refresh button, this is the best I could come up with.

Archived