Problems With Scanning Into Evernote/Unsynced Notes

Weir Parts GM

Hello everyone.  Was hoping you could help me out with this one.  We are using a Scan Snap scanner to scan invoices into Evernote.  The OCR works great most of the time.  Lately though we have an issue were we scan in and it goes into a notebook called "Unsynced Notes".  Evernote says that their is a note in their that is having issues and preventing all the notes in that notebook from syncing.  I found that you can export that notebook then import it on another computer and get it to sync up.  Unfortunately this seems to lose the OCR data and I can search from the invoice anymore.  We save the invoice as a PDF in Evernote.

Does anyone know how to rerun OCR on a PDF in Evernote after it has been scanned or a fix for the synced notes problem.  Both would solve my issue.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote's OCR happens on the server,  so if these notes aren't being synced,  the only OCR available would be from the scanner software,  which should be embedded into the file.  Export (to an ENEX file?) and re-import shouldn't affect this.

Could you try creating a new synced notebook and moving the unsynced notes into it in small groups and manually syncing to help identify the unsyncable note?

• Level 5*
@Weir Parts GM:

I have found doing my own OCR prior to import into Evernote provides the fastest, most reliable results.

1. The pre-OCR'd PDFs seem to be searchable in Evernote almost immediately after I sync the note with the PDF.
  2. I have access to the actual text of the PDF, so I can copy it (not possible if EN does the OCR)
  3. The pre-OCR'd PDF is searchable even in Free EN accounts.

Archived