Sharing notes

Hi,

I've contacted support about this but haven't had a reply, so thought I'd give the forum a go. Can't find the answer I want in the search either, I suspect that means I'm missing something obvious!

I'm trying to share some notes with a work colleague. I've shared them through Chat & she has received them okay. They show in her chat timeline, but I can't see how to get them into her Evernote desktop app from Chat.....can anyone help me please.

We're both on Mac Yosemite, I'm on Evernote Premium & she is on Basic.

Thanks - Neil

• Level 5*

Hi.  Both notes and notebooks are shareable,  but individual notes stop being updated if moved out of Chat - they're just snapshots.  Moving is currently only possible,  I think in Windows -

1. Open the note shared via Work Chat
2. Click on "Note" in the uppermost toolbar
3. Hit "Copy to Notebook..."
4. Choose your destination notebook

* There's the option to preserve your created and updated dates, as well as tags

NB This gets you a snapshot of the note as it stands when you copy it - it's not a 'live' shared document.  If you need to see the latest version of the note when you need to,  copy the shared note link into a new note you create.  You can jump to the newest version whenever you need to.

If you didn't share these notes as part of one notebook,  it would be worth re-sharing them that way to see if it solves your problem.  Beware that if the notes are moved away from your shared notebook,  they again stop being updated by your changes.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a little flummoxed by this: isn't the whole idea to share notes in _my_ notebook with someone to _their_ notebook?  Changes to either one will be reflected...this seems like basic functionality that existed many versions ago...what happened Evernote developers?  Like many others, this app has seen too much development and lost its way.

Work Chat has no place in my workflow: back to Google Docs/Drive for me.

Yup, it's a real shame, I've had to start using Dropbox to share docs with a colleague, Evernote is no longer my all in solution. A combination of poor & slow support mean I'm left looking for other solutions. No doubt another company will pick up the ball Evernote is in the process of dropping.

I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to simply add a singular shared note from Work Chat all week!

So frustrating to finally learn that this is currently impossible to do, unless your on windows.

Unfortunately I use Evernote on my Mac and Android.

I don't remember Evernote being this complicated to use in the past.

• Level 5*

I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to simply add a singular shared note from Work Chat all week!

Unfortunately I use Evernote on my Mac and Android.

I don't remember Evernote being this complicated to use in the past.

It does seem like Evernote has made it unnecessarily difficult to share.

Maybe this just released YouTube will be of some help:

Archived