Evernote functionality on Apple Watch

Frigolay

Idea

I finally made the plunge last Friday and decided to get an Apple Watch. I was also excited to use Evernote on it after using Evernote on my Pebble. I am sad to say that I am disappointed with the Apple Watch app. I mostly want to use Evernote on the watch to view content, not create content. I also perform most of my updates to Evernote from my Mac client. I was surprised to see that the watch app doesn't see updates made on the Mac client until the iOS Evernote client is opened.

It seems weird to me that the Pebble app doesn't have this restriction. But it seems that the Pebble app connects directly to your Evernote account and the Apple Watch app connects to iOS app instead.

Is this something that is being worked on? Or can be worked around? This is quite clumsy and will probably encourage me to look at other platforms with a better Apple Watch solution.

Thanks for your time.

Matt

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5

I finally made the plunge last Friday and decided to get an Apple Watch. I was also excited to use Evernote on it after using Evernote on my Pebble. I am sad to say that I am disappointed with the Apple Watch app. I mostly want to use Evernote on the watch to view content, not create content. I also perform most of my updates to Evernote from my Mac client. I was surprised to see that the watch app doesn't see updates made on the Mac client until the iOS Evernote client is opened.

It seems weird to me that the Pebble app doesn't have this restriction. But it seems that the Pebble app connects directly to your Evernote account and the Apple Watch app connects to iOS app instead.

Is this something that is being worked on? Or can be worked around? This is quite clumsy and will probably encourage me to look at other platforms with a better Apple Watch solution.

Thanks for your time.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your feedback, and I hope you're enjoying your new Apple Watch.

With WatchOS 1 (what Apple Watch was released with), Watch apps must communicate with the app on the linked iPhone. So in this case, your iPhone app must be up to date (synced) before you can see everything (including any edits) done outside of the iPhone or Apple Watch on the Watch.

WatchOS 2 allows for apps to run stand-alone on the Watch, but we're still investigating what this means for data syncing and transfer as there are limitations to the amount of data that can be stored on the Watch. We have no definitive plans yet for updating the Watch as we're still learning the capabilities of the OS update that will be publicly released by Apple in the fall.

Stay tuned, and please feel free to provide any additional feedback.

Cheers,

Chuck

Archived