another confusion about Sharing

Can we share information between my desktop with other office desktop???. because my office wants to use Evernote to communicate with staff. This involves between 20 and 30 computers in the office. plss someone give me an answer to solve this. . .thanks you

• Level 5*

Hi.  Short answer,  yes you can.  Bear in mind this is a web-based service,  so they'll all need to have at least a free version of Evernote and access to the internet.  Once a note has been shared to all parties,  it's not instantaneous or massively obvious.  The main host computer has to sync the note back to Evernote's servers,  which will then sync it back to the various other machines.  Initially there will be an email that a 'workchat' has been received,  but later there will just be a notification in the Evernote app.  Communication can be both (all) ways,  but again it's desktop > server > desktop,  so not immediate.

Your company might want to look at Evernote Business which is more integrated than 'just' a collection of individual accounts - https://evernote.com/business/

I'd strongly suggest that you run a trial version between a couple of colleagues for a week or so to get a complete list of actions required both to test the viability of the project,  and to prepare for explaining how this is going to work to 30 unsuspecting colleagues.

:)

i have been trying for several time between 3 computer but however the information that i try to sharearrow-10x10.png via email is unsuccesful. . .seems like it failed to comunicate each other. .can u pls teach me the right step???.so i can solve this problem quickly. .i could not understand how to share information with other office desktop very well. . .n i have to complete my proposal about evernote before i can set up evernote to every desktop in my office. . .thank you sir for your cooperation to help me. .i appreciate it. . .sory if i cant speak english very well. .huhu   :)

• Level 5*

Hi again - it should be easy to share a note or a notebook - right-click the note heading in list view,  or the notebook name in the left panel,  and choose 'share',  then enter the email address of the person you want to share with.  On the first share,  that person will receive an email inviting them to open their Evernote account or create a new one and accept the share of <note(book)name>.  Once logged in,  they'll be able to see the note/ notebook in their own account. 

yes, i could share information to the personal email. . .but why i can't share to email group???.i have try but no one in the group get the note.  . .n for your information, i've been install the evernote for every office desktop before i try to share information, but it still failed whenever i have been try it for many time. .. .i hope u can help me sir. .huhu

• Level 5*

Hah!  I don't think Evernote believes in email groups.  You can enter more than one email in the 'share' window,  separated by commas (least you could last time I tried...) so if you break down the group,  then copy and paste its individual member email addresses into the address field as in address1,address2,etc - you will have to remember to change the sharing attributes if membership of that email group changes - new members,  departed members will have to be added/ removed separately.

oh ok,, i understand now. . .i'm also just think like that before. .hmm, seems like your explanation make me relieved. . . .n i can now continue my works as usual. .well done sir. . .thanks for your help n i'm happy to have a great conversation with u. . .  :D  :D

Archived