SDCard not found by Android caused warning and possible misconfiguration in Android 4.3 | Data to SDCard?

I have just downloaded the latest version of Evernote on 6/20/2015. Next time I started the application up it told me that It could not find my SD card. It wanted to continue configuring where it was.  I should've waited as actually my SD card and had burped and was not visible to my android system on android 4.3 on the note 2. Did I mess anything up by doing this? Also is there a way to move all the data to SDcard; the data requirements on the internal storage on my note 2 have gotten very large and I'd like to move all the data and all the notes over to my Sd card. thanks for your help appreciate it.

• Level 5*

Hi.  There was apparently a problem with EN Android 7.0.5 and SD cards,  with the result that 7.0.5.1 is now the latest version https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/85867-evernote-for-android-7051-release/

Taking your queries in order -

• If you sign out of and uninstall Evernote completely,  you would be able to reinstall it again with a different setup if you prefer.  Uninstalling will remove any settings you may have for offline searchable notes.
  • The setup on you device won't affect your notes stored in the server.  Check via EN Web by logging in here in a desktop browser - https://www.evernote.com/Login.action
  • Unless you have offline searchable notebooks,  your database size should be irrelevant - notes are only downloaded to a temporary storage cache which is released when it's required by other apps.
  • AFAIK it's not possible to move Evernote's database to the SD card unless you root your device - see other threads in the forums for more on that.  If you move the Evernote app you won't be able to use the EN widgets,  and the space saving is minimal anyway.
  • I have a small(ish) offline searchable notebook on my mobile device through which I rotate notes to which I need access while offline.  The main database is also available when I have a data connection.

Hope that helps...

Hi.  There was apparently a problem with EN Android 7.0.5 and SD cards,  with the result that 7.0.5.1 is now the latest version https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/85867-evernote-for-android-7051-release/

Taking your queries in order -

• If you sign out of and uninstall Evernote completely,  you would be able to reinstall it again with a different setup if you prefer.  Uninstalling will remove any settings you may have for offline searchable notes.
  • The setup on you device won't affect your notes stored in the server.  Check via EN Web by logging in here in a desktop browser - https://www.evernote.com/Login.action
  • Unless you have offline searchable notebooks,  your database size should be irrelevant - notes are only downloaded to a temporary storage cache which is released when it's required by other apps.
  • AFAIK it's not possible to move Evernote's database to the SD card unless you root your device - see other threads in the forums for more on that.  If you move the Evernote app you won't be able to use the EN widgets,  and the space saving is minimal anyway.
  • I have a small(ish) offline searchable notebook on my mobile device through which I rotate notes to which I need access while offline.  The main database is also available when I have a data connection.

Hope that helps...

I received the message "SD card has changed" when I upgraded my android phone to v.7.0.5 and after this message all my local notes have dissappeared (I hadn't sync my evernote notes for the last 4 months). When I closed and reopened evernote it brought me all the notes that were synced 4 months ago. Is there any solution to this? Is there a location that I can find my local notes?

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  AFAIK Evernote's data is stored here - "Android/data/com.Evernote/user-xxxxxx/" but if you had four months worth of unsynced notes on your phone I'm not sure how much of that could have been retained.  Mobiles have limited storage space,  so the theory is to store notes temporarily,  between syncs.  There's no provision for long term storage on the device - notes go into a temporary cache so the space can be released back to the OS as and when necessary.

If you haven't already done so I'd submit a lost data support request by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action - you could also reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps (include the forum thread URL for extra background)

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

Hi.  AFAIK Evernote's data is stored here - "Android/data/com.Evernote/user-xxxxxx/" but if you had four months worth of unsynced notes on your phone I'm not sure how much of that could have been retained.  Mobiles have limited storage space,  so the theory is to store notes temporarily,  between syncs.  There's no provision for long term storage on the device - notes go into a temporary cache so the space can be released back to the OS as and when necessary.

If you haven't already done so I'd submit a lost data support request by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action - you could also reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps (include the forum thread URL for extra background)

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

Minutes before the update I had access to all local notes. When i did the upgrade and receive the SD card message then the notes have dissappeared. Also I have a lot of free memory on my phone. I searched for the user-xxxxxx folder but there is not such folder on my phone. Is there a way to find this folder by running a recovery or something?

Thank you.

Archived