Transfer notes from old Android phone to new Android phone

I've just upgraded to a new Android phone and need to transfer the notes from my old Android phone, which I've now set up with my old Evernote account.

I've read that notes are automatically stored on the Evernote server. If this is true, how do I retrieve them to my phone? I've tried using the Evernote sync action on my new phone but that doesn't do it.

I've never had a backup on my PC so using that isn't an option.

Phil

• Level 5*

You don't want a new EN account, which I am inferring from your post.  Just sign in to your "old" EN account on the new Android and the sync should start.

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...
  • Level 5
1.) You don't need a 3rd party transfer program. It will probably cause more frustration with internal note links and hierarchical tags.

2.) csihilling's suggestion is correct. With your new Android phone, just sign on with your original Evernote username and password.

3.) If the data is important, you should start backing it up with your Evernote desktop account.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/9/2015 at 7:28 AM, jbenson2 said:
1.) You don't need a 3rd party transfer program. It will probably cause more frustration with internal note links and hierarchical tags.

2.) csihilling's suggestion is correct. With your new Android phone, just sign on with your original Evernote username and password.

3.) If the data is important, you should start backing it up with your Evernote desktop account.

+1 on all of these suggestions!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
12 hours ago, eveeve said:

To transfer data from android to android, i think it's more convenient to use a mobile transfer app. You just need to connect your two phones to computer at the same time and start the app to transfer data, here you should set old android in the source position and new android in the desition position.

Please don't do this for Evernote - your information is stored on the server,  not your phone - so phone to phone nonsense will just mess up your account.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
15 minutes ago, Ljstrippll said:

How to transfer data ,like : music, videos, contacts, notes, messages between two android phone . With the help of this Samsung Transfer software , you can transfer data between two smart phones, such as Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, iPhone and more.

Hi.  You are (probably) completely correct.  However THIS DOES NOT APPLY to Evernote.  Really.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2016 at 10:59 AM, eveeve said:

To transfer data from android to android, i think it's more convenient to use a mobile transfer app. You just need to connect your two phones to computer at the same time and start the app to transfer data, here you should set old android in the source position and new android in the desition position.

I followed the guide and the text is messed up on my new phone. Not recommended. 

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, Bruefdl said:

I followed the guide and the text is messed up on my new phone. Not recommended. 

Which guide? If you used a mobile transfer app,  please read this thread again. It is NOT the correct procedure and WILL only mess up your data.

If you followed Evernote advice and logged into your new account and still see messed up text,  try uninstalling Evernote,  restarting your device and reinstalling the app.  Also check the original notes via a browser by logging into Evernote.com.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • Level 5*
20 hours ago, BVB said:

Mine won't sync either, I tried using PC app and it is showing notes from the new phone but not the old one..... same email and password on both

The master copy of your notes is maintained on the Evernote servers.

You do not have to use a PC app to transfer notes between mobile devices.  Copies of notes are not maintained on mobile devices (exception for Offline Notebooks)

You should just be able to log in and access your account's notes

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

This is similar but different than my problem:

I had to reset my android phone, and I have paid for Premium Evernote, with a lot of time still remaining. but I can't figure out how to log into premium on the reset phone, since it only offers and wants me to upgrade to premium for the features I was using. Can't find where to do that here at this site, or in Evernote. 

anyone know??? thanks

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, billtech66 said:

This is similar but different than my problem:

I had to reset my android phone, and I have paid for Premium Evernote, with a lot of time still remaining. but I can't figure out how to log into premium on the reset phone

Premium applies to the account, regardless of the device being used

To access your data, log in with the correct userid/password

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Premium applies to the account, regardless of the device being used

To access your data, log in with the correct userid/password

Thanks, didn't know that. and, where do I log in? I have a mac, do I log in on evernote on the mac? or if not where and how?

9 minutes ago, billtech66 said:

Thanks, didn't know that. and, where do I log in? I have a mac, do I log in on evernote on the mac? or if not where and how?

Okay, I found out I AM logged in, but still can't find where to activate "offline access" on the android. still looking but could use help...

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, billtech66 said:

Okay, I found out I AM logged in, but still can't find where to activate "offline access" on the android. still looking but could use help...

I’m not an Android user; this might help  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005177-How-to-set-up-offline-notebooks-on-mobile-devices

• ANDROID

1. Select Notebooks from the navigation menu
    2. Tap the options button (three dots) at the top of the screen, then select Offline notebooks
    3. Toggle the switch for some or all notebooks to be downloaded for offline use

thanks! and I found the answer, seems it's different on different versions of android (I have the latest): On my phone, z5 Sony premium: mine is like this: answer: click upper left icon looks like 3 lines, click Notebooks;  shows all notebooks, some have lots of notes. (mine is: 16, 697, etc); to the right of these, there are 3 vertical dots, click on that for each set of notes;  NOTEBOOKS OPTIONS comes up listing 6 choices, 2nd one down is Make available offline. it then downloads the files.

• Level 5*

Looks like the help page is a little out of date (although I have a current Android too...)

The correct process (for me too) is - go to the notebook screen / click the 3-dot menu on one or more notebooks and choose 'available offline'.

• 2 years later...