(Archived) Suggestion for Help requests

It is rare, to say the least, for a developing company's CTO to be hands on in the user Help Forum, so by no means am I suggesting that David Engberg become more involved, although I think that all of us truly are grateful for his on-line efforts while he somehow juggles that with the task of growing the company. My suggestion is that EN not presume that a help request, having drawn a response from an evangelist, has been resolved, particularly when it comes to sending money to EN. Booking sales should be as smooth as silk, evangelists notwithstanding. A company's employees should be the front line in sales transactions help requests because that is where their paychecks get funded.

It is rare, to say the least, for a developing company's CTO to be hands on in the user Help Forum, so by no means am I suggesting that David Engberg become more involved, although I think that all of us truly are grateful for his on-line efforts while he somehow juggles that with the task of growing the company. My suggestion is that EN not presume that a help request, having drawn a response from an evangelist, has been resolved, particularly when it comes to sending money to EN. Booking sales should be as smooth as silk, evangelists notwithstanding. A company's employees should be the front line in sales transactions help requests because that is where their paychecks get funded.

FYI, while a premium account does buy you a higher level of support (via the support inquiry system), it doesn't buy you a bat signal. The initial request you're apparently annoyed about was posted 5:15 Friday evening & the one you perceive as being ignored was posted 5:34 Friday evening. I'm sure Dave didn't ignore your 2nd post stating that you weren't able to find the CANCEL button.

If you wanted to deal only with EN staff, you should have submitted a support inquiry, rather than post on the message board. Then you would have been certain you would have received a response by EOD Monday.

Premium users should receive a reply to any direct support inquiry (created on the bottom of: http://www.evernote.com/about/contact/support/) within one business day. Our current consumer business model of $45/year isn't really set up to provide realtime support for users. (We had a 24/7 support tier at my last company, and this cost two orders of magnitude more per year.)

This is a community forum for users to discuss the product and offer each other suggestions. Evernote reads every post on this forum, and we really do appreciate all of the feedback, but this isn't the place for direct support help with individual user problems. Our direct support system provides much better tracking and communications between you and our support staff. This is important for exchanging files and private information that doesn't belong on a public community forum.

I created a support query in the proper manner several weeks ago and have not heard at all from anyone at Evernote. Is the one business day response still in effect for Premium members? If so, you may want to check on your audit tools to make sure requests aren't being ignored.

Robert -

When you opened the support case, you should have received an email back immediately with a case number in the subject line. What was the case number?

(I did a search of your forum name and your forum email address in our support tracking system, and didn't find any matches, but you may have used a different email.)

You may also want to check your mail system's "Spam" box for our reply. I know that's been a problem for a few users.

Archived