Jump to content
twiddytwix

Feature Request: Open note in Separate window keyboard shortcut

Recommended Posts

hi there.  

 

Just a simple request to add a keyboard shortcut for opening notes in separate windows.  Oh that would make me so so happy.  

 

Tried to make shortcut myself in Sys Prefs but doesn't seem to work too well....  

 

cheers

Share this post


Link to post

You can open a Note to a separate window using this AppleScript.

There are several methods to assign a shortcut key to an AppleScript.

tell application "Evernote"		set _sel to selection -- Gets the Note(s) Selected in Evernote	if _sel ≠ {} then		set aNote to first item of _sel -- Get ONLY the 1st Note		open note window with aNote			end ifend telltell application "System Events" to set frontmost of process "Evernote" to true
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/30/2015 at 11:37 AM, JMichaelTX said:

You can open a Note to a separate window using this AppleScript.

There are several methods to assign a shortcut key to an AppleScript.


tell application "Evernote"		set _sel to selection -- Gets the Note(s) Selected in Evernote	if _sel  {} then		set aNote to first item of _sel -- Get ONLY the 1st Note		open note window with aNote			end ifend telltell application "System Events" to set frontmost of process "Evernote" to true

Does this work even if the Open Note in Separate Window command is in the Note context menu?  The command was moved to the Note context menu a few versions ago and my keyboard shortcut via Sys Prefs stopped working.  I've been trying to find a way to get it back.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, dbr12 said:

Does this work even if the Open Note in Separate Window command is in the Note context menu?  The command was moved to the Note context menu a few versions ago and my keyboard shortcut via Sys Prefs stopped working.  I've been trying to find a way to get it back.  Thanks.

Yes, the AppleScript still works.  It does NOT depend on any shortcuts provided by Evernote or the user.

I notice the script format is messed up after the update to the forum software.  Here it is again:

tell application "Evernote"
  
  set _sel to selection -- Gets the Note(s) Selected in Evernote
  if _sel ≠ {} then
    set aNote to first item of _sel -- Get ONLY the 1st Note
    open note window with aNote
    
  end if
end tell

tell application "System Events" to set frontmost of process "Evernote" to true

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

Yes, the AppleScript still works.  It does NOT depend on any shortcuts provided by Evernote or the user.

I notice the script format is messed up after the update to the forum software.  Here it is again:


tell application "Evernote"
  
  set _sel to selection -- Gets the Note(s) Selected in Evernote
  if _sel ≠ {} then
    set aNote to first item of _sel -- Get ONLY the 1st Note
    open note window with aNote
    
  end if
end tell

tell application "System Events" to set frontmost of process "Evernote" to true

 

This works great.  Thank you!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/31/2016 at 4:06 AM, JMichaelTX said:

Yes, the AppleScript still works.  It does NOT depend on any shortcuts provided by Evernote or the user.

I notice the script format is messed up after the update to the forum software.  Here it is again:


tell application "Evernote"
  
  set _sel to selection -- Gets the Note(s) Selected in Evernote
  if _sel ≠ {} then
    set aNote to first item of _sel -- Get ONLY the 1st Note
    open note window with aNote
    
  end if
end tell

tell application "System Events" to set frontmost of process "Evernote" to true

 

This works great.  Thank you!

 

7/25/16 update: This has been added back in the most recent Mac release.  Thank you Evernote!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...