Feature Request: Open note in Separate window keyboard shortcut

twiddytwix

Idea

hi there.  

Just a simple request to add a keyboard shortcut for opening notes in separate windows.  Oh that would make me so so happy.  

Tried to make shortcut myself in Sys Prefs but doesn't seem to work too well....  

cheers

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

You can open a Note to a separate window using this AppleScript.

There are several methods to assign a shortcut key to an AppleScript.

tell application "Evernote"		set _sel to selection -- Gets the Note(s) Selected in Evernote	if _sel ≠ {} then		set aNote to first item of _sel -- Get ONLY the 1st Note		open note window with aNote			end ifend telltell application "System Events" to set frontmost of process "Evernote" to true
On 6/30/2015 at 11:37 AM, JMichaelTX said:

You can open a Note to a separate window using this AppleScript.

There are several methods to assign a shortcut key to an AppleScript.

tell application "Evernote"		set _sel to selection -- Gets the Note(s) Selected in Evernote	if _sel  {} then		set aNote to first item of _sel -- Get ONLY the 1st Note		open note window with aNote			end ifend telltell application "System Events" to set frontmost of process "Evernote" to true

Does this work even if the Open Note in Separate Window command is in the Note context menu?  The command was moved to the Note context menu a few versions ago and my keyboard shortcut via Sys Prefs stopped working.  I've been trying to find a way to get it back.  Thanks.

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, dbr12 said:

Does this work even if the Open Note in Separate Window command is in the Note context menu?  The command was moved to the Note context menu a few versions ago and my keyboard shortcut via Sys Prefs stopped working.  I've been trying to find a way to get it back.  Thanks.

Yes, the AppleScript still works.  It does NOT depend on any shortcuts provided by Evernote or the user.

I notice the script format is messed up after the update to the forum software.  Here it is again:

tell application "Evernote"

set _sel to selection -- Gets the Note(s) Selected in Evernote
  if _sel ≠ {} then
    set aNote to first item of _sel -- Get ONLY the 1st Note
    open note window with aNote

end if
end tell

tell application "System Events" to set frontmost of process "Evernote" to true

3 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

Yes, the AppleScript still works.  It does NOT depend on any shortcuts provided by Evernote or the user.

I notice the script format is messed up after the update to the forum software.  Here it is again:

if _sel ≠ {} then

end if
end tell

This works great.  Thank you!

On 3/31/2016 at 4:06 AM, JMichaelTX said:

if _sel ≠ {} then

end if
end tell

This works great.  Thank you!

7/25/16 update: This has been added back in the most recent Mac release.  Thank you Evernote!

Archived