Advise please

aussieguy

I have no use for Evernote so have deleted it. However, whenever I open my browser a small window with "evernote_native.bin is safe" appears. Norton has identified the location but I see that there are two other Evernote files in the same location.

These files are "evernote_usage_metrics" and "evernote_webclipper.sqlite".

Can I safely delete these three files?

The location on my laptop is "(my name)\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wuqc0b0t.default"

Thank you for your help.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Since you have the original file names,  why not rename those two files - add ".deleteme" to the end of the name - and restart your system.  If there's any adverse response,  change the name back;  if not,  remove the files in a week or so.  They appear to be evernote-specific files in a Firefox directory,  so shouldn't pose any risk,  but since Norton apparently has them on its radar,  you never know...

• Level 5*

I have no use for Evernote so have deleted it. However, whenever I open my browser a small window with "evernote_native.bin is safe" appears. Norton has identified the location but I see that there are two other Evernote files in the same location.

These files are "evernote_usage_metrics" and "evernote_webclipper.sqlite".

Can I safely delete these three files?

The location on my laptop is "(my name)\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wuqc0b0t.default"

Thank you for your help.

If you want to be sure you have safely removed all traces of an app that you no longer want, you can use an app uninstaller like Revo.

It is even recommended by Evernote when the user has a corrupt install of Evernote.

To all those who posted replies to my question as to whether or not I could safely delete three files, the answer from SebR did the trick. I went to Firefox extensions, deleted the Evernote webclipper file and hey presto, no more advice window from Norton when I start my browser.

Thanks guys.

• Level 5*

Revo won't work if an app has already been uninstalled - you'd have to reinstall and then Revo uninstall it.

@Gaz:  You statement is INCORRECT according to the Revo FAQ page:

Archived