Paintguy

Cannot open forwarded email.

When I forward an attached report to my Evernote email, the document will not open. It shows as a document view file and it will only open with a Text Editor. It is shown as random numbers when I open it. When I look at it on my iPhone, it shows as a PDF and looks fine.

Hi.  What device and in what OS will the document not open?  Is this using an installed version of Evernote,  or EN web via a browser?  Using a text editor on a PDF file suggests the link in your OS between files types and the preferred software to open them is broken;  do you have an 'open with' option if you right-click the file?

I am using Evernote installed on my Mac. When I hit control click, it gives me the option opening with Text Editor or Safari. 

Sorry;  speed read the original query and didn't register the word 'email' although it was repeated a couple of times in big type...  I'm no expert on Mac email (as at least one person here will tell you) so we'd best wait until someone with a bit more knowledge comes along...  :)

I am using Evernote installed on my Mac. When I hit control click, it gives me the option opening with Text Editor or Safari. 

If you are CTRL-Clicking (right-clicking) on the attachment header icon in an EN Note, among other things it should show a choice of "Open with ...", and you could at last choose the Mac Preview app.

The fact that you say "When I look at it on my iPhone, it shows as a PDF and looks fine", but it won't open on your Mac, leads me to believe that either the file is corrupt, or it does not have a proper extension, or you don't have an app  on your Mac that will read it.  However, Preview should read just about everything.

Perhaps you should show us a screenshot of the popup context menu when you CTRL-Click on the Note attachment.