Notes Lost using Mac Safari web Browser

notary

Idea

I created several notes today and saved them by clicking on "Done". I then redited those notes with updated content. Then I realised that the left side notes do not always sync with the right side content and the notes I am working on is not visible from left hand side. Click on the "Notes" icon I found that all the notes I typed and saved are not there anymore. I did a search for the notes I created, and they are not there.

So, there it is, my whole day of work is lost because of that.

Then I fire up the Evenotes app on Mac, looking into trash and all the notesbooks, non contains the notes I created today. I also found that some of the notes I created using Safari web browser in the last two days on evernote site were also lost.

I guess I should never use Safari for Evernoes editing anymore.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

I'm not sure if it is Safari specific, or just general issues with the EN Web client.

To be honest, I rarely use the EN Web browser because of issues like the one you posted, and because EN Mac is so much better, more powerful, more reliable.  When I do use EN Web, it is mostly in view only mode, just to check on sync issues.

If you do need to use EN Web client, you might try Google Chrome browser.  I find it works better.

If you consistently lose notes or content using the EN Web client, then you may want to:

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Archived