Android App not showing text in notes

My problem:

When I go into a note on the android app, it shows the text just fine. But when I push "edit note" (the green circle with the pencil icon) the text disappears. The text is still there but invisible, because if I place the cursor anywhere on the note, my phone starts giving me word suggestions. So the phone sees the text, but it is not displayed visually.

Then if I type anything in, the new text will show up...but it erases all of the old text in the note.

Help????

I am running EN android app on an LG Transpyre running android 4.4.2

EN app shows "up to date" in the play store.

I am syncing with a windows 8.1 laptop using the EN desktop version. EN for the desktop says it is up to date.

I have restarted both my phone and laptop several times.

Phone has both a data and a strong wifi connection.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Any problems with syncing the Android or seeing note contents on your desktop?  And are the notes you're having problems with initially created on the 'phone or the desktop?  What's the content - are they pure text or web clips?

Notes were created on the desktop EN. It's every note. If I edit any of them on the phone, they do not show text. All text, no web clips. One note has images, they view correctly. No syncing problems that I have noticed. 

• Level 5*

If they're created on the desktop,  I'm wondering if there's some formatting going on that Androids can't handle - hence you see only a blank screen;  although if you're not able to edit some parts of the note,  that shouldn't blank the note once it's synced back to the desktop again.  Can you check with a plain text note,  to see if the same problem applies?  If so,  I think the only option is a bug report,  though that won't necessarily get you a response.  It will help get this fixed in future versions though..

Meantime if plain text notes work,  that's one option;  the other would be to make/ edit notes in a new note,  and merge with the old one on the desktop.

Submit a bug report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action - or reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps (include the forum thread URL for extra background)

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

Please do submit a support ticket if you are noticing this happening. See Gazumped's penultimate post above for the link. After submitting please post the ticket number here. 

Some things that would be helpful to expedite your case:

• link to this thread
  • description of the issue/steps to reproduce
  • the specific Android device you are using
  • screenshots of the note before and after you tap "Edit"
  • an exported copy of a note exhibiting the behavior (this can be done from a desktop app: right-click on note in note list > Export note > Save as .enex)
  • an activity log

You can only include one attachment with your first submission but you can reply to your email confirmation with any additional attachments.

Specific steps for sending your Android log.

Archived