ObviousBob

Evernote gets more competition?

Idea

7 replies to this idea

Have you guys seen the new Lists feature on Microsoft OneNote!? It is amazing and the ONLY good thing about it. Evernote's lists should be this! I hope someone reads this and makes lists better! Please

How does Apple's new Notes App compare to Evernote? 

Notes just does a subset of what Evernote does - basically, it does text notes which can be formatted or not, you can do bullets and checkboxes, control the font size and it syncs with your other Apple devices. It is not as complete as Evernote, but what it does, it does better than Evernote I'd say. Syncing happens silently without any fuss, and I haven't seen issues pasting into it from other apps. You can also attach photos to notes.

If you are an Evernote geek, this won't replace Evernote. But if you are a more casual user, then I expect it would work just fine, and at no cost. Personally, I prefer Google Keep, which has similar capabilities, but works cross platform. Both do notes and lists very well, and I suspect both attract users who might otherwise become Evernote customers.

the power of EN is the combination of Text, Photos/Scan, Tags, Reminders, Links to EN notes and Sharing.

I completely changed my workflow by using tags. The more I use them the more EN wins. OneNote or Notes aren't there.