Outlook Clipper Error

JeffN

5.9 Outlook Clipper causes a crash for me, where I had been able to get 5.8 to work (see my previous post about the touchscreen capability of Windows)

Runing Windows 8.1 and Office version 15.0.4745.1002.

Reverting to 5.8 and now Outlook web clipper 5.8 has started crashing again.

I'm still unable to forward emails (individual OR bulk) to Evernote from Outlook. I've tried installing and re-installing, etc. 

Please note that the solution to download the app for Outlook 2013 only works for those who have access to Exchange Server 2013. 

I'm using: 

Windows 10

Outlook 2013

Exchange Server 2010

Evernote Outlook Clipper 5.9.0.8665

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would add my .02

Running latest Windows 8.1 Pro on work laptop and Outlook 2013 - and this morning downloaded the latest Evernote update 5.9.1.8742 - not working.

This problem has persisted for too long.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled.  

So either you guys just can't figure it out or Microsoft is pulling a Netscape on you.  Either way I am about done.

Just installed latest version of EN, Windows 7, Outlook 2010 -- the bug still persists 8 out of 10 times. 

"Failed to import note."

"No declaration for attribute style of element BODY"

This puts a serious dent in the way I use EN. 

I'm running Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7601: SP 1)

Microsoft Office Standard 2010 

Microsoft Outlook Version 14.0.4760.1000 (32 bit)

• 2 weeks later...

Really annoying now. I get this message whenever I wish to clip a mail from outlook 2007.

"Import has failed. No declaration for attribute style of element BODY".

My config :

- Windows 7 - Professional edition

- Outlook 2007 (12.0.4518.1014) MSO (12.0.4518.1014)

This bug has nows been going on for quite a while. No fix has been found so far. I have a paid account for EN and I do not wish to uninstall either outlook nor EN. Too many unsuccessful experiences explained in this forum. If I paid for an EN account, it is to save time not the opposite !

Hey you devs ! Wake up and lend a hand !

Thanks

What? There is no support for paid subscription unless it is Premium or Business ? For the longest time I was second guessing myself If I should use OneNote that came with my Office 365 subscriptions and this might be my sign to jump ships.

Pretty disappointing. 

Until the batch-email capability is restored (for Win 10 / Office 365 / Outlook 2013 users), wouldn't it be faster to just e-mail messages into your Evernote Action Pending folder than to use the save-to-Evernote button?  Seems to be less steps involved. (You do now need a paid version of Evernote to do this.) 

I'm brand-new to the TSW system, so sorry if this is a stupid question.

Posted · Hidden by gazumped, September 24, 2015 - NOT SPAM - duplicate post
Hidden by gazumped, September 24, 2015 - NOT SPAM - duplicate post

Until the batch-email capability is restored (for Win 10 / Office 365 / Outlook 2013 users), wouldn't it be faster to just e-mail messages into your Evernote Action Pending folder than to use the save-to-Evernote button?  Seems to be less steps involved. (You do now need a paid version of Evernote to do this.) 

I'm brand-new to the TSW system, so sorry if this is a stupid question.

I'm having the same problem intermittently--"No declaration for attribute style of element BODY" -- when I try to save Outlook 2013 email messages using the save-to-Evernote button.  It only happens on some messages; others get saved fine.  Is there somewhere that we can MAKE a "declaration for attribute style...."??

• Level 5*

I'm having the same problem intermittently--"No declaration for attribute style of element BODY" -- when I try to save Outlook 2013 email messages using the save-to-Evernote button.  It only happens on some messages; others get saved fine.  Is there somewhere that we can MAKE a "declaration for attribute style...."??

I'm using the same process,  but no errors that I've seen - are you using the Outlook server or an installed version?  A quick Google search suggests that might be down to random special characters in the email/ subject like "&"...

Interesting -- I'll have to check the subject lines in the messages that won't save.  I did notice it seems to happen on the really promotional stuff, like when a vendor I buy from a lot sends an e-mail with a link to sale items, etc.

I'm using Outlook 2013 in Office 365.  Just a single user--no Outlook Server involved.

Susan Breidenbach

Good News, yesterday I ran the new update for EN and Outlook clipping issues seems to have fixed itself. I tried multiple times throughout the day and did not seem to have any issues. 

I am on Windows 8.1 Enterprise with Outlook 2013. 

Hope this helps. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good News, yesterday I ran the new update for EN and Outlook clipping issues seems to have fixed itself. I tried multiple times throughout the day and did not seem to have any issues. 

Hope this helps. 

So does the new version allow for multiple emails to be sent to EN? I downloaded an update last week and that functionality was not included. What a deal to uninstall the update and reinstall the older version!!!

OneNote is looking better all the time!

Hope this helps. 

So does the new version allow for multiple emails to be sent to EN? I downloaded an update last week and that functionality was not included. What a deal to uninstall the update and reinstall the older version!!!

OneNote is looking better all the time!

Unfortunately it does not allow you to send multiple emails to EN. I guess I never needed that functionality so I just tested it out and send to evernote button does get disabled when you have multiple emails selected.

As far as I know, you should be able to uninstall the current version, do a good registry clean up to remove all references to EN installation and run the old EN setup file and reinstall the older version.  Hope this helps.  

Can anyone tell us when batch email from Outlook will finaly return. UNBELIEVABLE and RESPECTLESS TO YOUR USERS that this takes such a long time! I am forced to use an old version of Evernote now and I am not paying for that!

Same counts for removing 'Saved search' as an option in the Android widgets!

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

When an ex-employee of Evernote posted on Quora a little while ago,  she mentioned that at the end of 2014 Evernote had recorded over 1,000 separate and distinct features that users wanted. 

From experience here and in the other forums,  I'd guess most of them wanted their 'simple fix' implemented now.  They might have to prioritise a little..  not to mention that there's a new sheriff in town with his own ideas about what's important and a concentration on 'core values'. 

Evernote do try to keep folks in the loop,  but they'd need another whole team to keep posting feedback and answering all the questions that would inevitably follow.  Better they keep quiet and get on with things..

In July jbignert told us: "We will bring back batch email clipping as soon as we can but unfortunately it will take a while to rewrite large portions of the app."

I cannot believe it is still not happening! 

Still working with an old version from Evernote because I need this batch email clipping function. So, I am paying for my premium membership and all I get is the possibility to work with an old version, if I want standard functionality to work? I am getting more disappointed every day....

Come on, Evernote, get to work and give us what was promissed!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I realize that many people have said this is an old error - but until today, when I updated, I've not had this issue.  I am now on 5.9.6.9494, and only now has the "Failed to load client's request" error occurred with the clipper.  Evernote, is this truly an old issue, or a new one?  Any ETA on resolution?

• Level 5*

Ah.  Now that is something we've been griping about for a while.  Evernote,  apparently,  made a 'design choice' not to include multiple note selection in the Outlook Clipper;  so that there's a 'feature',  not a bug.  After a small landslide of objection,  they have said they'll bring it back..  sometime...

I think Boerma might have been referring to the "Failed to load clients request" error. 

For that error, which a few emails cause but most do not, I just forward the email to my evernote address.

I've given up on sending multiple messages to evernote and just send them one at a time. 

I have to turn off "save all messages" in the thread and just click the top one. The clipper will send messages in a conversation to evernote--along with attachments--over and over again whenever another person responds to the email thread. That was causing my sync lag.

I have a Lenovo yoga that a student updated to WIN10....it's almost useless now...crashes and freezes often. Unfortunately he did not revert to WIN8.1 before the 30 days lapsed. The Yoga has a bad video cable. 

I won't ruin my surface tablet with WIN10 when it is easier to just forward the mail the clipper cannot handle.

Cheers 

Indeed. The multiple emails is still an issue, but at least i get the integrated (partly working) UI interface. Button's are without text, but it saves me from forwarding each and every mail. (That's a lot better then a certain crash of outlook when pressing the evernote button)

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
21 hours ago, Maverick5 said:

My Save to Evernote was working until yesterday - Win7 Outlook 2010.  The box pops up but it never connects to a notebook to let me save.  I can tag and add notes just not save.   Any ideas?   I've opened a ticket.

Sounds like a system restart may be required,  or in extreme cases,  a reinstall with Outlook closed down...

It is 3:17AM in Florida and I was searching for a fix on the clipper using Outlook.  Nothing here seems to help.  I filed a help ticket and sent the log file.  I am surprised that this complaint thread started in June 2015 with the  update and still no fix.  Don't these people want us to be happy with their product?

• 1 month later...

A parting comment: just this week I got wonderful help from Evernote support about the Outlook clipper on windows. I couldn't type spaces into the title for the note in the clipper. Had to uninstall/reinstall the software. I doubt they will return multiple message clipping as we are getting close to a year since the change.

I call this a parting comment, because I've left PCs behind and am using a MAC now and have to forward mail to evernote from now on anyway. 

• 1 month later...

Updated to 6.0.5.1723 and lost my Outlook clipper as well.  I'm using Outlook 2007 because of our company's standardized setup.  Tried the recommended solutions on this and other threads, everything is checked, I've exited, rebooted, etc. -  no luck.  If it doesn't come back easily soon, I'll be leaving Evernote.  The Outlook Clipper was the primary feature I used to create new tasks.  Thoroughly disappointed.    Already wasted 1.5 hours trying to get it back.

4 hours ago, JodyJ said:

Updated to 6.0.5.1723 and lost my Outlook clipper as well.  I'm using Outlook 2007 because of our company's standardized setup.  Tried the recommended solutions on this and other threads, everything is checked, I've exited, rebooted, etc. -  no luck.  If it doesn't come back easily soon, I'll be leaving Evernote.  The Outlook Clipper was the primary feature I used to create new tasks.  Thoroughly disappointed.    Already wasted 1.5 hours trying to get it back.

Yeah, it's been a really frustrating. Our hospital system is also standardized on Outlook 2007 and the Outlook clipper in the latest versions of Evernote won't work. I pay for the premium service and using Evernote with Outlook is my primary use for that premium service, so it's doubly frustrating. I long ago gave up looking for solutions, rolled Evernote back to version 5.8.6.7519, and turned updates off. If you can tolerate using an old version, it works perfectly well......at least for the time being.

What I found after wasting a lot of hours troubleshooting was that Outlook had automatically disabled the Evernote integration.  The automated explanation from Outlook was that Evernote was slowing Outlook down too much and occasionally making it crash altogether.  Had to go into Outlook settings to re-enable Evernote, and it's back to working with Outlook again.

42 minutes ago, Chris_Lee said:

Yeah, it's been a really frustrating. Our hospital system is also standardized on Outlook 2007 and the Outlook clipper in the latest versions of Evernote won't work. I pay for the premium service and using Evernote with Outlook is my primary use for that premium service, so it's doubly frustrating. I long ago gave up looking for solutions, rolled Evernote back to version 5.8.6.7519, and turned updates off. If you can tolerate using an old version, it works perfectly well......at least for the time being.

1 hour ago, Chris_Lee said:

After doing some research I found out from Microsoft that unless you have extended support, life cycle for Office 2007 has already ended. Your hospital should update the system to avoid any issues since Microsoft will not provide support, update or release any security patches for Office 2007 any longer. Not only EN will not support their product for outdated software, you are running a security risk of using office 2007 suite. I am little concerned since I would think a hospital would care more about being up to date on software since they have compliance requirements they have to abide by like HIPAA.  As much as I dont like how much EN ignores their customers, I would not blame this one on EN.

I am using outlook 2013 so far EN clipper has been working just fine. 

5 minutes ago, Susan_B said:

What I found after wasting a lot of hours troubleshooting was that Outlook had automatically disabled the Evernote integration.  The automated explanation from Outlook was that Evernote was slowing Outlook down too much and occasionally making it crash altogether.  Had to go into Outlook settings to re-enable Evernote, and it's back to working with Outlook again.

I assume you are referring to going to the Trust Center in Outlook and re-enabling the Outlook plug-in. My experience is that re-enabling the plug-in does not work with newer versions of Evernote and Outlook 2007. Can you let us know which version of Outlook you are using? To the best of my knowledge, there is no cure for Outlook 2007 except to roll back Evernote to an old version......... I'd really like to be wrong though. 

38 minutes ago, EN-User said:

After doing some research I found out from Microsoft that unless you have extended support, life cycle for Office 2007 has already ended. Your hospital should update the system to avoid any issues since Microsoft will not provide support, update or release any security patches for Office 2007 any longer. Not only EN will not support their product for outdated software, you are running a security risk of using office 2007 suite. I am little concerned since I would think a hospital would care more about being up to date on software since they have compliance requirements they have to abide by like HIPAA.  As much as I dont like how much EN ignores their customers, I would not blame this one on EN.

I am using outlook 2013 so far EN clipper has been working just fine. 

Yeah, while I'm frustrated, I don't really blame Evernote for not supporting 9 year old software. It's pretty common for healthcare companies to settle on tried and true technology and only replace when they have to. In some cases that approach actually limits risk.....which is why healthcare providers still use fax machines instead of e-mail when it comes to Protected Health Information.  

• 1 year later...

Hi all.

I had the the error message the same as the OP.  I had Outlook 2016 installed w/ Click-to-Run alongside Outlook 2013. I uninstalled 2016 and it broke the Evernote Outlook Clipper for 2013. What I did:

Delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{00062FFF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\9.6 (after backing it up)

See https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/ac50fa41-8d47-4fa9-81a3-914f262676af/0x80029c4a-typeecantloadlibrary?forum=vsto for more info. There was a 9.6 version in there in my case. Deleting that fixed it.

Archived