Outlook Clipper Error

JeffN

I updated to Evernote 5.8.8.7837 this week.  Since the update, I cannot use "Save to Evernote" in Outlook 2010.  When I try, the pop-up box says, "Unable to load this conversation".  This happens on any email I try.  Looking into the logs, I see the following:

2015-06-05 03:30:00 ERROR  [8   ] - MailConversationViewModel init error
2015-06-05 03:30:00 ERROR  [8   ] - System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._MailItem'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063034-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).
   at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._MailItem.get_ConversationIndex()
   at EvernoteOLRDClipper.ViewModels.ItemWrappers.ConversationViewModel.GetConversationEmails(MailItem selectedMailItem)
   at EvernoteOLRDClipper.ViewModels.ItemWrappers.ConversationViewModel.Init(Dispatcher dispatcher)

Any ideas on what is causing this or how to fix it?  Evernote has always worked flawlessly for me until now.  I really hope to get this fixed.

Thanks!
Jeff

I upgraded this morning to Evernote 5.8.8.7837 this morning and ever since I am also unable to use the Save to Evernote Clipper in Outlook.

The icon button still displays in the Outlook menu ribbon, but it's no longer green, rather it's just the dark gray logo surrounded by a green dashed line box.

EN.JPG

When I click on the button, Outlook goes into a "searching for solution" process then closes and restarts. 

I am on Windows 8.1 and Office 2013

• Level 5*

Windows 8.1 and Outlook 2013 here too - I have a working clipper,  but recent updates seem to have changed the features - I can only clip one email at a time,  and EN Support confirm this is a design decision,  not a bug.  If you're having problems clipping even one email,  I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote.  If you're having issues with clipping multiple emails,  then that's the situation for the time being;  either downgrade to an earlier version or wait for another update.

I upgraded this morning to Evernote 5.8.8.7837 this morning and ever since I am also unable to use the Save to Evernote Clipper in Outlook.

The icon button still displays in the Outlook menu ribbon, but it's no longer green, rather it's just the dark gray logo surrounded by a green dashed line box.

EN.JPG

When I click on the button, Outlook goes into a "searching for solution" process then closes and restarts. 

I am on Windows 8.1 and Office 2013

Same problem here. Hope they fix this issue quickly, I use that button frequently.

Well, at least I'm not the only one having this issue.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  This didn't help.  I uninstalled completely.  Rebooted.  And reinstalled from scratch.  The Outlook Clipper still doesn't work.  I wonder if the button being gray instead of green indicates a problem or if it was simply a color change in the new version.  Anyone know?  I hope they release an update soon that fixes this!

Same issue, just for the record.  Windows 8.1, Outlook Professional Plus 2013.  Dashed green lines around clipper icon.  Crashes Outlook every time.  Full removal, reboot, reinstall Enote per support guidelines and behavior still the same.  Bug in the  update, for sure.  Look forward to the fix - rely completely on the Outlook connector - use it constantly.

I'm having the same issues.  This needs to be fixed immediately!  This is a HUGE productivity issue.  I often have multiple order confirmations that go into the same folder with the same tag and to do them individually is an unacceptable waste of time!  Does evernote read these forums??  Anyway, saving email one at a time is a moot point since even that give me an 'internal error'.

OK, I just noticed that if I actually OPEN the email then I can send it to Evernote.  That is ridiculous!  This will take quite a lot of time!  And the formatting is not near as nice as the previous version.  Body is now center aligned instead of left aligned with quite a bit more white space.  This is not nice for viewing at a glance. (I am comparing order confirmations from the same company where they all look alike in Outlook).  It is also adding breaks between shading lines-it didn't used to have problems rendering those.

• Level 5*

After some fiddling around with Outlook menus I exited and restarted Outlook and got my clipper back (8.1,  Office 2013) which seems to be working in single-shot mode again.  Hopefully more to follow from Evernote on this...

In Win7 with Outlook 2010, I tried opening the email and then sending it to EN.  Still no luck.  Outlook doesn't crash for me, but it won't pull up the content of the email and I can't save it to EN.  Hoping for a solution soon!

After some fiddling around with Outlook menus I exited and restarted Outlook and got my clipper back (8.1,  Office 2013) which seems to be working in single-shot mode again.  Hopefully more to follow from Evernote on this...

I am curious what "fiddling" you did...anyway, popping up the full emailw roks for me, too..not nearl as productive,,,sure they can fix..at least it is working again. And the niterface is much better once is does work! Nice.

• Level 5*

I am curious what "fiddling" you did...anyway, popping up the full emailw roks for me, too..not nearl as productive,,,sure they can fix..at least it is working again. And the niterface is much better once is does work! Nice.

I was teching in the 'poke it with a stick' style - Outlook > File > Options > Add-ins and switching stuff off and back on.  Evernote showed as being active and present even when it wasn't - on the main window or in an individual email.  Then I restarted Outlook and things were back to normal...

I updated to Evernote for Windows version 5.8.8.7837 (255837) Public on Friday, 6/5/15. I have been using the Evernote clipper in Outlook 2007 on a Windows 8.1 machine. I cannot update to a newer version of Outlook because our company is standardized on this version. After updating Evernote, the Outlook clipper no longer loads. When I to COMM add-ins and try to activate the clipper it just shows a runtime error. I have completely uninstalled Evernote, rebooted, and reinstalled but without success. My only work around at this time is to forward items to the Evernote uploader e-mail address which is a big pain and doesn't let me file things where I want them. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Same situation here. Uninstalled and reinstalled EN. Only now, the EN button doesn't even display in Outlook. It was a while back that I installed it in the first place, so don't remember what else I need to do to enable that button.

Sounds like it's not working well at the moment anyway, tho.

Same situation here. Uninstalled and reinstalled EN. Only now, the EN button doesn't even display in Outlook. It was a while back that I installed it in the first place, so don't remember what else I need to do to enable that button.

The Evernote button doesn't display for me in Outlook either. I see that some above are reporting the button being grayed out. For me, the clipper isn't loading at all, including displaying a button.

• Level 5*

There are now three threads (at least) with Outlook clipper issues.  The devs do read posts here and one has already said they're investigating clipper issues,  but some active reporting can't hurt just to make sure the message goes through.

If you're having issues and haven;t already done so,  I suggest you submit a bug report on this.  You won't necessarily get any follow-up,  but it does mean the devs look at your situation - hopefully- get more information which might help towards a fix

Choose "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

-or reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps (include the forum thread URL for extra background)

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in

Just discovered the new Outlook to Evernote clipper has been installed (presumably as result of EN upgrdae I did yesterday). The change to the add-in was not expected..

I've logged a bug where it doesn't seem to be able to cope with a type of HTML-formatted email that worked fine on the previous version. Whe trying to use the "Send to Evernote" add-in in Outlook 2010 for this specific type of email I get the error "Failed to import note. No declaration for attribute style of element BODY".

It's all a bit of a mess at the moment. I've back-levelled to an earlier version (5.8.6.7519) and told the app not to look for updates - see https://discussion.e...er/#entry363768.

Now it's all working fine again. I have the old reliable icon back in Outlook and can swipe/copy groups of emails again. It'll fall over if I copy too many attachments but that's understandable.

AdmitalP, I suggest you do the same until the devs have sorted this out, and even then double check here first to be sure they've done it properly. Use a full restore to be sure you've got everything unless you've used a good uninstaller like Revo.

Are there any EV devs reading this by the way? I pay a premium rate and use EN constantly in by business flow. This latest error cost me time, inconvenience and undoubtedly money. It would be comforting to know someone is sorting it out....

Incidentally, I got my back level from Filehippo.com

Best of luck.

(I've moved here from wherever I initially posted)

Another issue: if you change the notebook for one mail message, the clipper is stuck on that notebook. You lose the default notebook unless you reset it manually.

About 90% of my mail goes to my default and if one goes to another, like "3 Completed", the rest will go there too unless I reset it.

Clicking on the notebook window and typing the first letter of the notebook does not work well or at all. To reset my notebook to "2 Action Pending" I cannot press 2, because the clipper never finds that notebook. It will find others beginning with 2, but not the one I want.

Also, I cannot press the up/down arrows to move through the selection box, I must click the arrow and scroll with the mouse.

Now I'm doing most of my Outlook work with a desktop that still has the prior edition of Evernote.

Okay, so Evernote will repair this as soon as they can, they said? But what amount of time are we talking about? 

May I remember you of a really old ticket I have on my name? 

722001 - Printing from Evernote gets me very ugly output.

You said many different times this issue is a priority to Evernote, but it exist for many years now! How can you convince us this issue with Clipper will be repaired on a timely matter? So, what is 'as soon as we can?’

I am sorry to sound a little grumpy, but I was already very disappointed with Evernote because how issues are handled, but now you decrease functionality and that's a real deal breaker for me! I hope this issue will be repaired in a couple of days and Evernote will communicate this period of time with us, 

Folks, uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote. Since then the clipper button (which stopped working anyway) does not appear in Outlook. I see the EN Clipper as a disabled App In in Outlook. I check the box, click OK, close Outlook and restart and the Evernote Clipper still does not display and when I go back and view add ins, it's still disabled. 

I see it says there was a runtime error in loading the program.

Any suggestions?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43751503/Misc/en%20clipper.JPG 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Which version of Outlook do you have?  You should be able to restart a disabled Add-in if you wish to use it.  If that doesn't seem possible given the runtime error it might be necessary to uninstall / reinstall - again.

Folks, uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote. Since then the clipper button (which stopped working anyway) does not appear in Outlook. I see the EN Clipper as a disabled Add In in Outlook. I check the box, click OK, close Outlook and restart and the Evernote Clipper still does not display and when I go back and view add ins, it's still disabled. 

I see it says there was a runtime error in loading the program.

Any suggestions?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43751503/Misc/en%20clipper.JPG 

I have the exact same issue as you've described. I'm using Windows 8.1 and our company is standardized on Outlook 2007 (so no, I can't update). I have tried to restart the disabled add-in, but to no avail secondary to the runtime error. I have also completely installed Evernote, rebooted, and done a fresh install. Also, to no avail. Under no circumstances does the clipper button appear in Outlook since the most recent Evernote update. This is a major problem for my workflow. 

Hi.  Which version of Outlook do you have?  You should be able to restart a disabled Add-in if you wish to use it.  If that doesn't seem possible given the runtime error it might be necessary to uninstall / reinstall - again.

I'm on Outlook 2013

• Level 5*

I'm also on Outlook 2013 but my Evernote is working.  I've had clipper problems a few times - not necessarily with the latest version - and in all cases Outlook popped up a report that one or more add-ins had cause a problem and offered a choice to enable or disable.  I chose to enable (despite the extra seconds added to Outlook start-up time) and it still works fine.

Outlook > File > Options > Add-ins gives you a list of the installed and active / disabled apps,  and selecting one and pressing 'go' on that menu takes you to an add-in manager page.  It's worth having a look around there if you;re having problems,  but be very careful what you change - you may have to repair or reinstall Outlook if it stops working.

It seems to me that there is some part of the email that causes the clipper to fail. I'm running Outlook 2013 and Evernote 5.8.8.7837.  My system does not crash but I get the "Not declaration for attribute....." error that others are reporting on this thread.  For some. fully opening the email allowed the email to clip but not for me.   

I found that by highlighting a section of the email - such as just the body and not the senders signature (which is heavily formatted with logo,etc...) the note clips into evernote! This isn't necessarily going to work for everyone but it does work for me until the developers resolve the issue. I hope this helps someone else in the forum.

Paul

My Evernote  add-in  crashes every time I use it.

Created a ticket - they suggested reinstall using Administrative rights, and it worked - plugin started working correctly, but next day it started happening again. Now I have add-in that crashes outlook 2013 every time I use it.

• Level 5*

My Evernote  add-in  crashes every time I use it.

Created a ticket - they suggested reinstall using Administrative rights, and it worked - plugin started working correctly, but next day it started happening again. Now I have add-in that crashes outlook 2013 every time I use it.

Sometimes these fixes need repeating before they work.  If you do decide to try again,  check whether you can repair your Outlook installation before you Admin-reinstall Evernote.  Either one might have a corrupted entry somewhere..

Well, I had opened a ticket and this is what I said 

This has to do with the Outlook ‘Save to Evernote’ functionality-so I do not think you need my activity log. However, I am including some pics illustrating formatting issues.

Before I get into that though:

1. I can’t click the Save to Evernote button within the Outlook Email list anymore-if I highlight an email header and try to use the button, I get an ‘internal error’.

2. I can successfully send the email to Evernote only if I open the email and use the button from there.

3. I can no longer highlight multiple emails and send to Evernote like I used to be able to. This is huge. I sometimes have 10 at a time. Opening each one to send it is insane!

4. Formatting issues:

a. Email body is now centered instead of left aligned as before. This is not as nice for viewing from the preview panel. See ‘alignment before’ and ‘alignment after’ pictures

b. Evernote is having difficulties rendering shading now. See ‘shading before’ and ‘shading after’ pics. 

I also attached pics.

This was their response last week

Thanks for reaching out to Evernote Support.

I understand you were able to send multiple emails from Outlook to Evernote using your Evernote Clipper for Outlook.

We have disabled the ability to clip multiple emails from Outlook to Evernote, but many users like yourself requested it to be enabled again. We are currently working into enabling this feature again in the near future.

Although I don't currently have an ETA for when this feature will be re-added, I can assure you we are working diligently to address our user's request. This feature will be re-enabled via an Evernote software update.

Please keep an eye out for future updates and let me know if you have any other issues I can assist you with.

So apparently, they only read/cared about my #3.  Then I got notification that my issue has been resolved!

Ridiculous.  I was just about to sign up for premium too since I just bought a scansnap.  Maybe I won't now.

And why in the world would they have disabled the ability to clip multiple emails in the first place?  If someone doesn't use it, they don't have to use it!  Why would you DECREASE a feature set?

It's all a bit of a mess at the moment. I've back-levelled to an earlier version (5.8.6.7519) and told the app not to look for updates - see https://discussion.e...er/#entry363768.

Now it's all working fine again. I have the old reliable icon back in Outlook and can swipe/copy groups of emails again. It'll fall over if I copy too many attachments but that's understandable.

AdmitalP, I suggest you do the same until the devs have sorted this out, and even then double check here first to be sure they've done it properly. Use a full restore to be sure you've got everything unless you've used a good uninstaller like Revo.

Are there any EV devs reading this by the way? I pay a premium rate and use EN constantly in by business flow. This latest error cost me time, inconvenience and undoubtedly money. It would be comforting to know someone is sorting it out....

Incidentally, I got my back level from Filehippo.com

Best of luck.

Tinks-thank you for the suggestion!  I didn't find the previous version on filehippo but did find it here:: http://download.cnet.com/Evernote/3000-2381_4-10425994.html  for anyone who needs it.

I uninstalled EN and then installed this old version (I did backup my notebooks first but that turned out to be unnecessary).

Sooooo much happier!  The old green button is back in Outlook along with the multiclip functionality.  Even the GUI of the old pop up is nicer.  Much cleaner and easier to use.  I really don't like anything about this update!  The updated version looks clunky and is more cumbersome to use.  The old version is much more slick.

There has now been 2 updates of Evernote and the issue persists. I do not think I will bother to renew my subscription as this was a functionality I really make use of. I see my ONENOTE instance still works well. 

I started experimenting with OneNote, as well. Will do the trick for me once MSoft adds reminders to it.

I have the same issue.  The is a Technical Bulletin that Microsoft has published on this issue, saying the LoadBehavior value of the add in needs to be "0."  This didn't work BTW.  What I noticed is that I had at least three iterations of EN add in registry entries (e.g., normal, .1, .2, .etc.), so it also seems that when uninstalled, EN isn't cleaning the registry entries which can also cause an issue when EN is reinstalled.

I am running Win8.1, with EN 5.8.11.

I'm seeing the same issue. Windows 8.1, Evernote 5.8.13.8152 (although the problem started several builds ago). Office 2013, 64bit version, 15.0.4727.1003.

Premium subscriber...I've opened a case with Evernote and received absolutely no response. The crash is annoying. The lack of response is just unprofessional.

FWIW, I installed Evernote on a Win10 system with a preview build of Office 2016. There are some UI issues there, but the crash does not occur.

I also created a new Outlook Profile on a different user account, on my main system - the one having issues.  No crash there either.

• Level 5*

I'm seeing the same issue. Windows 8.1, Evernote 5.8.13.8152 (although the problem started several builds ago). Office 2013, 64bit version, 15.0.4727.1003.

Premium subscriber...I've opened a case with Evernote and received absolutely no response. The crash is annoying. The lack of response is just unprofessional.

FWIW, I installed Evernote on a Win10 system with a preview build of Office 2016. There are some UI issues there, but the crash does not occur.

I also created a new Outlook Profile on a different user account, on my main system - the one having issues.  No crash there either.

Hi.  If you received absolutely no response - including no ticket number - then Evernote haven't received your request.  If you have a ticket number,  then you're in a queue.  It can take more than a few working days for a 'human' response - Support don't work weekends,  and may have a backlog of reports to work through before they get to yours.  If you have no response after 7 working days please post the ticket here and we'll ask an admin to look into it.

Just uninstalled evernote, rebooted, reinstalled latest evernote (5.8.13.8152) opened in outlook and it's all gone. 

@devs: here's what i could find. Using windows 8.1 64bit, I've opened a ticket already somehwere, but the screenshot is only here. 

As someone mentioned before, I am also a evernote user after learning the The Secret Weapon and use the outlook connector quite a bit. Please get it back up online! Thanks a bunch!

xcF4L.jpg

I also have a new machine with a fresh install of office2013 and a fresh (first ever)install of the  latest(same) Evernote version at work. Here's what those settings are: 

ybtSw.jpg

After creating a symbolic link between the c:\program files(x86)\evernote\evernote and the one in appdata, now at least in outlook i see more properties of the files, but the connector still doesn't work (grey icon that crashes just like before updating). I've tried to remove the add-in in evernote and add a new addin from the c:\pfx86\evernote\evernote folder but it seems outlook simply doesn't add it to the snapp-in  list. 

Found a log snippet: 

2015-07-14 11:10:00 DEBUG  [6   ] - ======== New session =========
2015-07-14 11:10:00 DEBUG  [6   ] -  
2015-07-14 11:10:00 DEBUG  [6   ] - (cached) Catching unhandled exceptions on add-in level
2015-07-14 11:10:00 DEBUG  [6   ] - (cached) IDTExtensibility2.OnConnection
2015-07-14 11:10:00 INFO   [6   ] - (cached) OLClipper started. Build version: 5.0.0.1
2015-07-14 11:10:00 DEBUG  [6   ] - (cached) InitAsync
2015-07-14 11:10:00 INFO   [6   ] - (cached) CheckNetVersion .Net 3.5 detected
2015-07-14 11:10:00 DEBUG  [6   ] - (cached) CleanLogs {
2015-07-14 11:10:00 DEBUG  [6   ] - } CleanLogs
2015-07-14 11:10:00 DEBUG  [1   ] - GetAddin {
2015-07-14 11:10:00 DEBUG  [7   ] - PreLoadAsync
2015-07-14 11:10:00 DEBUG  [6   ] - CleanTempFiles {
2015-07-14 11:10:00 DEBUG  [6   ] - } CleanTempFiles
2015-07-14 11:10:00 INFO   [1   ] - Outlook version: 15
2015-07-14 11:10:00 DEBUG  [1   ] - Addin2013
2015-07-14 11:10:00 DEBUG  [1   ] - } GetAddin
2015-07-14 11:10:00 DEBUG  [1   ] - Addin::Init
2015-07-14 11:10:00 DEBUG  [1   ] - Addin::OnNewExplorer
2015-07-14 11:10:00 DEBUG  [1   ] - Loading localization from: C:\Users\remco\AppData\Local\Apps\Evernote\OLIEResource.dll
2015-07-14 11:10:00 WARN   [1   ] - Unable to load localization resource Str_Unknown:1
2015-07-14 11:10:00 DEBUG  [1   ] - Localization loaded
2015-07-14 11:10:01 DEBUG  [7   ] - Preloading assemblies...
2015-07-14 11:10:01 DEBUG  [7   ] - Preloading PresentationFramework
2015-07-14 11:10:01 DEBUG  [7   ] - Preloading System.Web
2015-07-14 11:10:01 DEBUG  [7   ] - Assemblies preload completed
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - EvernoteController.ClipExecute {
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - } EvernoteController.ClipExecute
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - EvernoteController.ClipExecuteAction {
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - SafeInvoke addMail as is {
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - MailSingleVM init
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - SafeInvoke getBody as is {
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - GetHTMLThroughDisk with document
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - GetHTMLThroughDisk Saving whole document
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - GetHTMLThroughDisk Document web encoding: msoEncodingWestern, save encoding: msoEncodingWestern
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - GetHTMLThroughDisk html readed length: 25317
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - } SafeInvoke
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - ItemViewModel AddCorrectAttachments {
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - Skipping..
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - } ItemViewModel AddCorrectAttachments
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - MailConversationViewModel GetCorrectAttachments {
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - } MailConversationViewModel GetCorrectAttachments
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - SafeInvoke addAttachments as is {
2015-07-14 11:10:03 INFO   [1   ] - Generating settings for new user
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - EvernoteViewModelBase ctor {
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - } EvernoteViewModelBase ctor
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - EvernoteViewModel ctor {
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - GetNotebooks request
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - EvernoteConnector.TryStartClipper {
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - EvernoteConnector.FindClipperHwnd {
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - } EvernoteConnector.FindClipperHwnd
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - HWND=67846
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - } EvernoteConnector.TryStartClipper 
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - NamedPipeClient::SendRequest: <enclipper_request request="get_notebooks" type="personal" />
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - GetNotebooks request
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - GetTags request
2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - } EvernoteViewModel ctor

2015-07-14 11:10:03 DEBUG  [1   ] - EvernoteWindow ctor {
2015-07-14 11:10:04 DEBUG  [1   ] - } EvernoteWindow ctor

2015-07-14 11:10:04 DEBUG  [4   ] - NamedPipeClient::Response: <enclipper_response request="get_notebooks" type="personal">
<notebook name="Actions Pending" stack=".Tasks" uid="3640"/>
<notebook name="Completed" stack=".Tasks" uid="3642"/>
<notebook name="Conflicting Changes" uid="9645"/>
<notebook name="Contacts" stack="Cabinet" uid="6265"/>
<notebook name="DC_TAB" stack="Shared Notebooks" uid="8788"/>
<notebook name="Dump" stack="Cabinet" uid="4094"/>
<notebook name="Game gerelateerd" stack="Cabinet" uid="3297"/>
<notebook name="Handig beeldmateriaal" stack="Cabinet" uid="3313"/>
<notebook name="Handleidingen en references" stack="Cabinet" uid="2976"/>
<notebook name="Imported Notes" uid="5158"/>
<notebook name="Sqlite3" stack="Cabinet" uid="2353"/>
</enclipper_response>

2015-07-14 11:10:04 DEBUG  [4   ] - EvernoteViewModelBase connector_EventGetNotebooks amount=11
2015-07-14 11:10:04 DEBUG  [4   ] - SafeInvoke getNotebooks with dispatcher {
2015-07-14 11:10:04 ERROR  [stylus Input] - Unhandled Appdomain exception
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at MS.Win32.Penimc.UnsafeNativeMethods.GetPenEvent(IntPtr commHandle, IntPtr handleReset, Int32& evt, Int32& stylusPointerId, Int32& cPackets, Int32& cbPacket, IntPtr& pPackets)
   at System.Windows.Input.PenThreadWorker.ThreadProc()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Its been 2 months of evernote add-in crashing my outlook. Still not fixed.

Today I received a message that I need to pay for it now :-) Bravo! Thank you for elegant solution for this very complicated problem! :)

Now I need to pay for something that is not working anyways.

I did finally receive a reply to my support ticket.  They had me uninstall Evernote, reboot, and re-install to see if that would fix the problem.  Of course, it did not.  Then they "escalated the issue to the engineering team" but then closed the ticket, with no further data collection. How is engineering supposed to fix anything without any better logs of the Outlook crash?  If this is a known issue, saying so would have been nice.

Very frustrated and disappointed with Evernote's support team. Again, it just seems unprofessional - in this case, closing a ticket on a yet-to-be-resolved bug. If one my enterprise vendors tried that, they'd get thrown out of the account.  But then, Cisco isn't dumb enough to close a case when the bug isn't fixed (unless you specifically ask them to).

Maybe Evernote doesn't want to be enterprise-quality, but if so they need to give up the whole "Evernote for Business" marketing message. Just admit "We're a consumer product, support's gonna suck, so don't bother calling."

Ugh, maybe it's time to look at OneNote again.  Or maybe Google Drive/Docs could be leveraged do serve the same function.

BTW - I looked at the same place R. Boerma showed in his screenshots.  Both of my plugins are pointing to the Program Files directory.

I have the same issue. The is a Technical Bulletin that Microsoft has published on this issue, saying the LoadBehavior value of the add in needs to be "0." This didn't work BTW. What I noticed is that I had at least three iterations of EN add in registry entries (e.g., normal, .1, .2, .etc.), so it also seems that when uninstalled, EN isn't cleaning the registry entries which can also cause an issue when EN is reinstalled.

I am running Win8.1, with EN 5.8.11.

I opened a ticket with EN (#1143936) and they had me perform the old uninstall/install shuffle and like others it did not correct the issue. It was "referred to engineering."

To be safe, I also uninstalled Evernote Touch.

Given the installed base for Outlook, this is a significant loss of functionality.

There is another variable involved and that is the patch-level for Office. This could also be a factor.

I moved to EN from OneNote. I'd hate to go back. I agree with the other poster, I could save the $40 annual subscription if I move back.

Evernote staff, what is the deal?

We are aware of the problems and are working on fixing them as soon as we can.

As for the batch email clipping feature that was an intentional design decision and an unfortunate one and we will bring the feature back as soon as we can. 

The other issues are bugs that we didn't catch in our development or testing and I'm very sorry for the inconvenience they are causing.

When you report an issue please mention your Windows, Outlook and Evernote client version numbers. 

A few notes on supported systems that are worth repeating:

- Windows XP and Vista are no longer supported OS version for the Outlook Clipper. 

- Outlook Clipper requires .Net 3.5 or above

If the button goes missing:

- When the installation is performed by an non-admin user as an admin (supplying an admin account password) the add-on will be installed for the admin account only. (this is how Windows work)

- In order to get add-on for the non-admin user account: start Evernote from Start > All Programs > Evernote > Evernote shortcut and it will install the add-in for the current user. 

Important: If you are part of a network with an administrator you will have to have them change the 'group policy' so that you can enable this app if it still will not allow you to do so. But from there you should be able to get the button and the functionality back.

@R Boerma, the details you provided are extremely helpful already. We may contact you for a follow up or a technical manual fix (if we find one). And once again sorry for the inconvenience. 

Removing the outlook social network connector and the onenote outlook plugin fixed this issue for me. I can now clip from Outlook. Not sure which one was interfering, but I would guess Onenote as Onenote tends to break evernote screen clipping if it is running.

(You're probably wondering why I have both...onenote is built-in to sharepoint and would rather use the native app than the web version when I have to use it).

Removing the outlook social network connector and the onenote outlook plugin fixed this issue for me. I can now clip from Outlook. Not sure which one was interfering, but I would guess Onenote as Onenote tends to break evernote screen clipping if it is running.

(You're probably wondering why I have both...onenote is built-in to sharepoint and would rather use the native app than the web version when I have to use it).

Maybe OneNote is like the Borg? I plan to try this within the hour.

I heard back from EN engineering and was told they know this is an issue for many and are trying to fix this. As a software architect, I know that this could take time, given all the environmental variables.

Update: I just tried it and no go. I even rebooted my Yoga just to be safe.

I tried Wildsubnet's solution also...I have always had the OneNote connector disabled, but I also disabled the Outlook Social Connector. Did not fix the issue.  Just for kicks, I tried disabling all the add-ins _except_ the EN clipper.  No change, am still experiencing the Outlook crash.

Good to hear that at least somebody got some feedback and that this isn't an entirely isolated problem.

I never realized how often I hit that 'Save to Evernote' button until it started crashing.  :(

Len Smith, Sorry it didn't work for you. My Outlook now works fine after installing the beta version. Good luck!

What version of OL are you running? I am on 15.0.4727.1001 64-bit on Windows 8.1 Pro. I am patched and current on Windows updates.

Sorry for the false hope. Mine is now back to the Internal Error status as before. It only clipped one email successfully after the beta install.

I just noticed there's an Office update available, so I went ahead and uninstalled Evernote and I'm running the office update now. Once it's done I'll go ahead and reboot and then try reinstalling Evernote and see if that works.

Update. Still crashes. Now running Outlook 15.0.4737.1001 and EN 5.8.14.

Just an update to say I found my problem.  Not sure if this was actually an issue with Evernote or a bug in Windows.

In my case, the crash started in Windows' PenIMC.dll.  That's (supposedly) only active if you have a touchscreen laptop.  If you have the little pop-up onscreen keyboard icon next to your system tray, I think this dll is getting loaded.  Anyhow, I don't actually have a touchscreen laptop, rather a Logitech T650 touchpad that made Windows think this was a touchscreen system.

I uninstalled the touchpad and rebooted.  Windows no longer loads those DLLs, and I can click 'Save to Evernote' in Outlook without crashing anymore.

If you actually have a touchscreen, I'm not sure what to suggest.  Maybe try a backdated version of Evernote.  I was surprised to see that the 'Save to Evernote' dialog looks completely different now (more modern).  I'm guessing the older versions didn't care whether the system was touch-capable or not.

Stack:        

PenIMC!DllUnregisterServer
PenIMC!GetPenEvent
mscorwks!IEE
PresentationCore_ni
PresentationCore_ni
mscorlib_ni
mscorlib_ni
mscorwks!IEE
mscorwks!CompareAssemblyIdentity
mscorwks!PreBindAssembly
mscorwks!StrongNameErrorInfo
mscorwks!GetMetaDataInternalInterfaceFromPublic
mscorwks!InitializeFusion
mscorwks!CreateApplicationContext
mscorwks!CorExitProcess
mscorwks!InitializeFusion
mscorwks!CreateApplicationContext
mscorwks!CopyPDBs
KERNEL32!BaseThreadInitThunk
ntdll!RtlUserThreadStart

Can I add a comment?

I was having all sorts of problems (error messages) with clipping emails from Outlook 2007 after the upgrade (Something to do with login). I uninstalled the new version 5.8.13.8152 but I used Wise Program uninstaller. This cleaned out all sorts of old registry muck including some from an old portable version of Evernote (Don't use it!). Then used CCleaner. Also took out Evernote Web Clipper (Chrome) extension.

Reboot

Re-Installed Evernote (latest) and Web Clipper extension.

Everything is working OK now.

Still can't clip more than one email at a time but guess that is now a known bug - can live with that

• Level 5*

Hi.  Thanks for the option,  but this is a public forum so I hope that's not really your Evernote email address.  If it was,  you might want to go to your My Account page and reset the address to avoid spam...

• Ex Employees

Today I received a message that I need to pay for it now :-) Bravo! Thank you for elegant solution for this very complicated problem! :)

I apologize for the inconvenience that the recent Outlook clipper issues have caused. I believe you are confusing two separate features. Please allow me to explain...

The Outlook Clipper is currently available for all users: Basic, Plus, and Premium. It uses an integration between outlook and your Desktop Client.

The email you're referencing refers to the Evernote email address feature, which has recently been adjusted to a Plus and Premium feature. You can learn more about this separate feature here: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23480523 

I apologize for the inconvenience that the recent Outlook clipper issues have caused. I believe you are confusing two separate features. Please allow me to explain...

The Outlook Clipper is currently available for all users: Basic, Plus, and Premium. It uses an integration between outlook and your Desktop Client.

The email you're referencing refers to the Evernote email address feature, which has recently been adjusted to a Plus and Premium feature. You can learn more about this separate feature here: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23480523 

You are correct, I was confused (because official message did not clarify which exactly feature is going to be disabled for basic users) and my posting requires clarification.

HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED:

Outlook feature does not work for me (crashes). Email forwarding feature was a workaround for me after this started happening.

Recently EverNote sent me a message stating this workaround was going to be disabled for me, unless I pay, so I did not have any options left to add my email messages to evernote unless I pay.

I appreciate help from Evernote team helping me to keep this backup function working until outlook problem is fixed. Thanks!

• Ex Employees

You are correct, I was confused (because official message did not clarify which exactly feature is going to be disabled for basic users) and my posting requires clarification.

HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED:

Outlook feature does not work for me (crashes). Email forwarding feature was a workaround for me after this started happening.

Recently EverNote sent me a message stating this workaround was going to be disabled for me, unless I pay, so I did not have any options left to add my email messages to evernote unless I pay.

I appreciate help from Evernote team helping me to keep this backup function working until outlook problem is fixed. Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification and I appreciate your patience as our developers work on these issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - Like others, I am totally unable to use clipper in Outlook 2013. I have tried many of the suggestions here including uninstall/reinstall of evernote, turning off other add-ins, etc. with no success.

Can anyone tell me how to simply roll back to a previous version (or uninstall with a link to install an older version) where this functionality was working? 

Current Evernote: 5.8.13.8152 (276152) Public

Current Outlook: 15.0.4737.1003

Thank you - Julie

Well, it's now August and I just installed Evernote. Clipping is working fine except for emails that come from our help desk app - Zendesk.  I get "Failed to import note. No declaration for attribute style of element BODY."

kimbere: When I get that error, 

1) I sigh

2) I forward the email to evernote

I get that on some messages, for me it's a rare event. I blame the message and not the clipper. (Maybe I'm wrong.)  :-) 

• Ex Employees

If you're experiencing Outlook Clipper issues, please download Evernote for Outlook.  You can install Evernote for Outlook in the newest versions of Office 365 Mail, Outlook.com, or Outlook 2013 or later. 

Prior to downloading Evernote for Outlook, please follow these instructions to disable the current plugin:

• In Outlook, select: File>Options>Add-Ins
  • On the Add-In's page select "Go" to the right of Manage
  • Uncheck "Evernote Clipper for Microsoft Outlook" and "Evernote Outlook Contact Connector"
  • Select "OK"

Once you've disabled the Outlook Clipper, please download Evernote for Outlook using the links below. 

DL Link: https://store.office.com/evernote-for-outlook-WA104379617.aspx?assetid=WA104379617&productgroup=Outlook&ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB&homprd=Outlook&sourcecorrid=1d33e624-153d-44a9-8b51-0baab5b94732&homappcat=Productivity&homapppos=1&homchv=3

KB Link: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/95392887

Not finding your instructions working here...? If I have Evernote on My Win 10 machine and Outlook 2013, I'm not seeing a way to install this.  It just takes me to the web app, and when I come back and try to do Outlook 2013, there's nothing to download.  Am I missing something?

Evernote v. 5.8.13 Evernote Corp. 7/6/2015 233 MB 5.8.13.8152

Microsoft Outlook 2013 (15.0.4737.1DD01 MSO (15.01473711001) 64-bit 
Part of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 

-had successfully removed clipper, etc. before attempting btw.

Is it not possible just to put a direct link to the Outlook 2013 Add-in?  I've been all over each of the links and found nothing that works.  I'm pretty techie, so wondering if it's just not me?  Certainly MS can be obtuse, but a little help please?

To asfg812:

When I tried I didn't read carefully and went to Office 365, which I do not have.

When you start the process, you can click on the (If you do not have 365 or are unsure click here) and it will take you through the process for adding the app.

My organization used Exchange; therefore, only an Exchange administrator can add apps. I'll have to stay with the Clipper.

Does the new Outlook App allow bulk email export to Evernote?

Some time back in this thread we were told that the bulk email 'send to Evernote' had been deliberately removed. It makes no sence to me that an obviously useful and time-saving function such as this would be taken away.

Has this function now been restored? If not, I'll be staying with my back levelled version thanks :-)

Just minutes ago I installed the lastest update.

Bulk email to EN is not back.

I think they don't want to this...the current clipper seem optimized for tablets and touch, not keyboard/mouse. That's my opinion.

I'd like to turn off the conversations mode but I expect that will stay "always on" too.

Part of my reported issue with EN not responding was that, as a conversation grew and more attachments were sent back and forth, each set I sent to EN had the full conversation list and a growing, duplicated set of attachments.

On opening a note so I could tag it, EN was indexing all the attachments and that was causing the slow response. But it was the new clipper that was creating the crisis.

Support told me to "break up" the messages and have only 1 attachment per note---that would make everything even slower.

For now, I uncheck "Select all messages" and just check the top one--which is the only one I want anyway.

Therefore, the clipper is even slower for me.

I have new project starting this September. I'm going to create a OneNote notebook for it and send all mail/attachments for that project there so I can compare both platforms.

Thanks Terry.  I appreciate the message.  It still isn't completely working for me.  I added the 'Store' command to the ribbon but it's greyed out.  Honestly I'll just use the email to EN work-around.  This is taking more time than I care to further invest in it.  

Thanks for your words!

You can add any app to Outlook (if you have permissions) using this link:

https://store.office.com/help/addoutlookapps.aspx

The Evernote for Outlook app is on that page.

Hi, 

I resolved this problem uninstalling all the softwares related, in this case, outlook and evernote, and also delete the registers of Office 365. 

So, the process was..

1. Run uninstaller for the Office 365;
  2. Run uninstaller for Evernote;
  3. Delete registers of Office using regedit.exe("Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office" and "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office");
  4. Reinstall the apps;

My config is: Windows 10 Home, Office 365 Home v15.0.4745.1001 and Evernote v5.8.13.8152

Fernando

• 2 weeks later...

We just released a slew of bug fixes for the Outlook Clipper in Windows 5.9.0. Please update and let us know if your issue has been fixed for you. 

More info about 5.9.0 available here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/87863-new-evernote-for-windows-590/

(note that batch / multi select email clipping is coming within short but not in this release)

Archived