5.8.8 - Reduced Performance Loading Notes?

bpcookson

Since upgrading to 5.8.8 it seems like my bigger notes take a few seconds to load when I click them in my list, even if I'm just using arrow keys going one by one (no predictive loading?). It seems directly proportional to the size of the note, which isn't surprising, but I never noticed the delay before installing this latest version.

So I'm posting here because maybe others will have had the same experience. If not, this post will whither and die, and I will request an SSD for my work laptop.  :D

• Level 5*

Since upgrading to 5.8.8 it seems like my bigger notes take a few seconds to load when I click them in my list, even if I'm just using arrow keys going one by one (no predictive loading?). It seems directly proportional to the size of the note, which isn't surprising, but I never noticed the delay before installing this latest version.

It would be helpful if you could provide the Note size and content type (text, images, PDFs, other) for the Notes that cause the issue.

You can view the Note size from either the Note Info popup for each Note, or adding the "Size" column to the Note List view.

Archived