Jump to content
pjn46

Support pages come up in wrong language

Recommended Posts

Whenever I do a Google search for help on Evernote, the Evernote support pages come up in Italian. I don't have this problem with any other search results, it's just the official Evernote support pages. The Google stub is in English, but the target page is being redirected to a Italian page. For instance the link to https://evernote.com/webclipper/guide/  ends up at https://evernote.com/intl/it/webclipper/guide/

Evernote itself is in English OK.

I can change the language on each support page easily enough, but it's a bit boring having to do it for every page.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hmmn.  Do you have Italian set as a language on your system?  Evernote pages will (or should) recognise where you're from by your settings.  I guess location might also apply - are you in Italy?

Share this post


Link to post

Evernote itself is OK, it's just the Evernote support pages which are always Italian - whether called from Evernote Help Menu or from an external link.

 

I changed Evernote from the default US English to UK English, in the hope that it might nudge the support pages, but no luck.

 

I did live in Italy a few years ago, but English has always been my default language for all software. I have an Italian dictionary installed for MS Office, but that's all I've done regarding Italian language.

Share this post


Link to post

Hmmn.  You could try to reset your Windows language preferences to something other than English,  restart and then change back again,  but otherwise I can't think of much else to suggest other than if you're a premium user you could reach out to Evernote with a support request after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

 

-or reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps (include the forum thread URL for extra background)

Share this post


Link to post

I have used two language on EN web support pages a couple of years.

And it remember my choice.

 

Can it be an old cookie in your browser?

What browser do you use?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I have found out that this problem only occurs with Chrome. With Firefox or Internet Explorer  if I type in ""https://evernote.com/intl/it/contact/support/".

 

I have cleared all cookies from Chrome, but no difference.

 

In my Windows 7 Locale everything is set to English UK.

 

It suggests a problem with Evernote Support webpage which is specific to Chrome. I've looked at the source code for the Support home page, but there's nothing obvious.

I guess I'll just have to live with it.

 

 
 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks btobin - you were right.

 

The reliply page showed "Accept Language en-GB,en;q=0.8,it;q=0.6,en-US;q=0.4".

 

I moved "en-US" in front of "it", and I now get English Evernote pages. It seems they only recognise "en-US" and not other English variants.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...