Can an EN business user share to non EN users?

Scenario:

Business wants to share (from their EN business account) read-only notes with customers and subcontractors who are EN users but not members of the business and/or not EN users at all.  

Project Workflows will be integrated into EN Business and it is critical to be able to share project notes (workflow checklists and status logs, etc) with subcontractors and customers.

Questions:

1. Can an EN Business account user share via email (to a non business account member or non EN user)  a note that is in a business notebook?

2. Can an EN Business account user share a public link or URL to a read-only business account note (for 24X7 access to project progress)?

3. Can an EN Business account user somehow 'creatively' share or publish a public link or URL to a read-only Business Notebook? (any creative backdoor approaches?)

We understand that read/write shared notes and notebooks would require the subcontractor and/or customer to be members of the EN business account.   

Thanks for any help on this!

• Level 5*

Answers:

Can an EN Business account user share via email (to a non business account member or non EN user)  a note that is in a business notebook?

Yes, via Send a Copy/Email a Copy (different wording on Windows and Mac clients).

Can an EN Business account user share a public link or URL to a read-only business account note (for 24X7 access to project progress)?

Yes, via Copy Share URL/Copy Public Link - if the user has "Edit and Invite" permissions on the notebook where the note lives.

Can an EN Business account user somehow 'creatively' share or publish a public link or URL to a read-only Business Notebook? (any creative backdoor approaches?)

I don't know of a straightforward way to do this without the recipient having Evernote and viewing the notebook within their Evernote client.  Perhaps you could use one of the third-party blogging apps that take Evernote notes and publish them to blogs/web pages.

Thanks for your responses Phil.  Taking this one step further, do you know whether an EN Business account user can Work Chat/share a 'Business' assigned Note or Notebook with an EN users outside of the business (customer/contractor)? 

Based on your above answers, I would assume yes...but we want to make sure.

Thanks!

• Level 5*

do you know whether an EN Business account user can Work Chat/share a 'Business' assigned Note or Notebook with an EN users outside of the business (customer/contractor)

Yes, you got it - you can do that via Work Chat.

• 3 months later...

Not to rehash what's already been said, but do want to clarify...

Understanding that my core team will all have paid Biz EN subscriptions, I may have a client or a biz associate (who is not part of my core team - not involved in all my projects...doesn't need access to my core team's biz library etc.) Who needs access to the deal/prijects notebook (not just an individual note...rather all notes under that project/deal). Can this sharing be done? Without having to manually share each note within the project/deal notebook (which would be cumbersome and not realistically helpful)?

• Level 5*

Yes, you can share the whole deal/project notebook with that person using Work Chat.  They do not need to be a member of your business.  They will need to have or create an Evernote account to be able to access that notebook and its notes (this is so your sharing permissions can be enforced).  If they have an Evernote client installed, they will get a Work Chat message in their client which lets them access the notebook in their client.  If they don't have Evernote installed, they'll still get an email with a link that lets them access the notebook/notes via their web browser.

• 1 month later...

Archived