rvsw

Keyboard shortcut: How to add subject in evernote when creating a new note

I do Ctrl+N to create a new note.

The cursor moves to the body of the note.

The usual way I would (and I am guess a lot of people would think) is to put the subject of the note and *then* fill out the body.

However, in evernote I have to put the body first, then there is a perceptible delay when evernote transfers the first line of the body into the subject, which is almost always not what I need

Then I fill in the body and eventually grab the mouse go into the subject and change it.

Is there a way to amke this more intuitive (at least to me) i.e. on Ctrl + N the cursor goes to the subject line first. Or is there a shortcut to go to the subject line *While* creating a new note. Unless  the note is fully created and the subject is (wrongly) filled up automatically by Evernote, I can't use the tab keys to go into the subject.

Lots of comment here about the cursor going to the body of the note first - I believe that is fixable by a registry hack,  but if you don't fancy the hack,  this software will do the job for you:

ENRegEd  is an application developed by experienced Evernote user @spg SCOTT to change some options that don't (yet) have a menu tickbox.  It hasn't been updated recently,  where Evernote has (a lot) so some of these settings may no longer work - use with caution...

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/64040-windows-enreged-access-evernotes-hidden-registry-settings/

Download the latest version (August 2014) here -

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s26/sh/da14b58c-c403-46e0-85cc-b734b19496da/e88ba90496f46a77

• Like 1

Is there a way to amke this more intuitive (at least to me) i.e. on Ctrl + N the cursor goes to the subject line first. Or is there a shortcut to go to the subject line *While* creating a new note. 

Press "F2" will  move the focus/cursor to the Note Title in EN Win 5.8.4.

You could probably use a tool like AutoHotKey (or similar) to create a macro/shortcut that would create a new Note and automatically move to the Title block.  You might even be able to override the CTRL-N by Evernote.

• Like 1

Press "F2" will  move the focus/cursor to the Note Title in EN Win 5.8.4.

Nail on the head. That's why I followed this thread ;-)

On 26/07/2016 at 1:06 AM, punurv said:

the title and subject is different in evernote.  cannot find how to enter the subject . 

please help 

sample - evernote.docx

Hi.  Sorry but I don't open files from anyone - can you repost this as a picture attachment to this thread?  Have you tried all the suggestions in this thread so far?

On 7/25/2016 at 7:06 PM, punurv said:

the title and subject is different in evernote.  cannot find how to enter the subject . 

please help 

sample - evernote.docx

If you are talking about the Subject field which can be displayed as a column in List view, I don't know that there is a way to modify that field.  In my notes it seems to be a date and mostly for notes that were emailed to EN.

On July 25, 2016 at 5:06 PM, punurv said:

The only way I manage to display/update this field is using AppleScript on my Mac.  Sorry, I don't know of a Windows solution.

I use it to store subject date when it differs from note creation date.