Can I unmerge my notes?

Go to solution Solved by charboyd,

• Ex Employees
  • Solution

If you would like to retain the original notes as individual notes, or if you mistakenly merge notes, you can restore each individual note from your 'Trash' notebook.

• Level 5*

If you would like to retain the original notes as individual notes, or if you mistakenly merge notes, you can restore each individual note from your 'Trash' notebook.

@charboyd:  It would be a GREAT feature if you guys would add a Checkbox to the Merge window to "Retain/Keep original notes".

Also, can you please get rid of that large, ugly, separator block between the merged notes.  I don't think anyone likes it.   :)

A nice Horizontal Line with the Note Title in bold using the same fontface/size as in the user's defaults would be perfect, IMO.

Thanks.

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5*
8 minutes ago, barbara123 said:

where do the restored notes go?  They are no longer in the Trash and I can see the number of notes in their original notebook has increased, but I cannot find those particular notes.  Help please!

Restoring notes from the Trash moves them back into the original notebook

After that, it’s a simple exercise in finding notes.  Evernote gives you various search options.

My notes are in date sequence so mergered and originals are at the top of the list

• Level 5*
53 minutes ago, barbara123 said:

but it also seems to have saved/restored them all as one big merged note as well. 

I would think this is to be expected after running a merge process. Just delete the merged note if you don’t need it

• 1 year later...
On 5/29/2015 at 8:42 AM, charboyd said:

I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to say thanks because this was quite helpful to me. Prior to this, I just had to live with my stuff ups or resort to recreating the original notes.  

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I merged notes--it was not what I thought it was and now I cannot view them; only titles. I looked in the trash (which I have not emptied), and they are not there. Any suggestions about how to undo the merge?