Issue with post it camera and androids white balance

Hi all - I am stuck with an odd problem. I just got some post its to try out with evernote and sadly when I use the evernote camera the auto white balance kicks in and the pics are not recognised as the post its as the colours are so washed out. 

I have tried to set the white balance in the android native camera but it always resets to auto. When it is set to daylight the colours are fine. I have tried to use another camera app, set that as the default camera and set the white balance but this never seems to get used by evernote. I have tried with the multi shot option on and off to no avail.

So can anyone assist? I am using a samsung note 8 4g GT N5120 with android 4.4.2 and evernote for android version 7.0.4.1 - many thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you're using Evernote branded Post-Its I'd suggest reporting a bug.  You won't necessarily get any follow-up,  but it does mean that the devs will take a look at your situation and (maybe) fix it in a future release...

Submit a bug/ lost data report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

-or reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

If those aren't EEPI's they may be slightly the wrong colour to trigger the necessary features,  and the only short-term fix I can suggest is to take pictures against a contrasting background in the best possible light - preferably bright daylight.

As I stated the issue is around evernotes use of its own and/or the stock android cameras white balance - both seem set to auto with no way to override. I can resolve this issue by using a third party camera app but of course I lose the evernote functionality which makes the post it camera worthless on the android app. 

This is why I came to the forums to ask if anyone had advice about how to adjust the white balance when using evernotes camera. 

• Level 5*

The Post-It feature is advertised to work only with the 'correct' tie-in packs of Notes.  If it doesn't work with others,  that may be a feature not a bug.  There's no way that I know of to alter EN's camera settings,  other than what you see in Evernote's Settings screen:  which is the basic choice whether or not to use the multi-shot option.  You can affect the colour balance of the environment in which you take the pictures to an extent - some light sources may be better than others.  Maybe someone else will chime in here with a better option for you...

Archived