(Archived) "One Button Capture" for Mail.app (including attachments)

erikhuber

Idea

This is a feature request for a "one button capture" (similar to Evernote button in Safari) that would allow for a direct batch import to Evernote of all selected messages in Mail.app, with the ability to tag (and/or select notebook) on the way in.

I've been playing around with a couple of scripts (thanks Justin!) but as of yet have not found a tidy way to keep attachments in place... which is a serious issue if Evernote is to become my "universal inbox" and digital filing system.

Thanks for listening!

8 replies to this idea

Thanks for the feedback. We're interested to add this in the future, but Mail.app doesn't make it easy to add plug-ins, so it will be a bit tricky. (E.g. see all of the problems we've had with our Safari clipper trying to get the toolbar button to appear - once, and in the right place.)

Thanks

It's been awhile, and I just wanted to "stir the pot" on this topic a bit...

Dave, any further thoughts re: implementing a one button capture (including attachments) inside Mail.app?

Justin, any luck with the new revision of your script? (I am using the "old" script all the time, BTW - works great! Many thanks!)

Hi Justin,

Just circling back on this. Thank you for your offer of the beta version of the new script! I'll send you my email address via Veritrope.com contact form too...but wanted to leave my info here as well.

Best email is: erik.huber (AT) mac.com

I am also on twitter under the username: erikhuber

Thanks again!!!

To the Evernote team,

I recently undertook a "spring cleaning" of my various email inboxes, in an attempt to archive and organize the 10,000+ emails I've received so far this year. (I run three different businesses and also contract on many concurrent projects, so am CC'ed on a massive amount of email correspondence.)

As great as Evernote is - and as much as I want it to become my "universal inbox" - the current lack of an email import function that includes attachments is beyond frustrating. The prospect of attempting to parse and save/export literally thousands of email attachments, and somehow keep them chronologically attached to their various email threads, was so daunting that I ultimately just gave up.

I love Evernote and a lot of things about it are really great - even indispensable - but if this issue does not get resolved soon, I will out of necessity have to move to another solution.

Please, please, please tell me that you are going to fix this.

Very truly yours,

Erik Huber

Quick shout out to Justin (aka Veritrope), whose custom script is totally saving my bacon in this area. Thanks!!! The script is working perfectly and is saving me many hours of forensic archiving and organizing. Thank you again.

Archived