File deleted on tablet

Around late March and early April I made a bunch of notes on my tablet, but did not sync them because at the moment I had no access to the internet. After I was unsatisfied with the notes and deleted them. I thought they would be in my trash folder on my desktop after finally syncing my computer, but they have disappeared. They don't even show up on my iPod. I've been through dozens of forums regarding a problem like this, but can't find an answer. I also have went through the Evernote folder on my tablet, but none of the notes there seem to be it. Just to test if I could find another new note with the same problem I created a new note, didn't sync it, and deleted it. I couldn't find that note either. I have already contacted Evernote support, but no one has gotten back to me yet. If anyone could help I would be sooo grateful. Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  Unlike desktops,  tablets and phones don't have permanent storage available.  Notes go into temporary storage unless and until they're synced to the main server.  It's important not to block up the temporary memory - the contents will be deleted as soon as a note is synced to the server.  But there's no point in storing a deleted note - that's never going to be synced,  and the storage space might be required.  I'm afraid all that is expected behaviour,  and if you delete an unsynced note it will stay deleted.  If the note isn't synced with the server,  it can't be seen on any other device.

• Level 5*

I'd imagine it's gone forever,  but you could have a look around your storage for leftover files.  The actual database is usually stored here - \Internal storage\Android\data\com.evernote\files\user-*****\notes\

I've already looked in that folder so I'm going to assume that the file is permanently deleted.Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it. I'll just hope that when they do implement a trash notebook into android devices it'll be there. Again thank you very much. 

Archived