Font type missing in Evernote for Windows

Gotham is a commercially available font; it's not free (and I'm sure Evernote pays to use it as a webfont for the Evernote web client).  If you really want it on your desktop system, too, you can buy it from the type foundry that created it, Hoefler & Co.  Here's the link:

http://www.typography.com/fonts/gotham/overview/

Similar fonts -- some of which are free -- can be found here:

http://bit.ly/1Jy69L3

Nice to meet a fellow typography fan. :)

• 7 months later...

after using only the web version for the last while it actually looks rather strange going back to the desktop and the default font it uses. im using a surface pro as well which doesn't help since everything is really small. 

but it would be nice if we didn't have to go and buy the font just to have everything look the same across the different clients

• Level 5*

Your desktop can't display a font that has not been installed - your OS probably makes a best guess as to the closest match from those available.  The other link given above goes to a long list of similar fonts,  including free ones,  so the time and cost involved is minimal if you want to make the change.  Other devices,  especially ones using a different operating system,  will use other fonts for the display unless they too have the new font installed.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am thinking of actually paying for the font (thanks TC for bringing up this issue!) since it looks awesome on my Chromebook (web Evernote) but sheit on my home PC (not web Evernote).

But how do I "install it" so that it will be available among the options in Evernote?

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, SweStars said:

I am thinking of actually paying for the font (thanks TC for bringing up this issue!) since it looks awesome on my Chromebook (web Evernote) but sheit on my home PC (not web Evernote).

But how do I "install it" so that it will be available among the options in Evernote?

Hi.  Just installing it on your device should make it available - check the font sites for instructions how to do that.  You might want to install a free font first to make sure that works if the cost of the new one is significant...

Hi!

I have a font related problem too (Evernote for Windows). Under Options I have Note font set to Tahoma size 10, but when I start a new note it sets to Tahoma size 9 in that note. Also when I am scrolling through my list of notes and click on specific note on that list it says size 9 in the note toolbar, but when I click on the text inside that note it shows size 10 in the same toolbar. Never had that problem before, it appeared now when I am working on a new computer.  Also it is very confusing, it is like there are two different sizes 10, when I compare note that was last edited on my old computer next to a note already edited on my new computer.

Any ideas how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

• Level 5*

Huh.  Only thing I can think of would be to File - Exit evernote, restart EN, go to options to verify the font, and then create a new note to see if the default is used.

17 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Is this perhaps another issue with the 6.6 update? It seems that there were a variety of formatting problems introduced with that.

Could be. I just noticed that dispite having font size set to 10 under Tools - Options - Note, when I start a new note, it starts with size 9. Really looks like EN on my new computer has different size 9 compared to my old computer. And not to mention how smaller the letters are when reading notes created in EN on new computer (font size 9) on my Android compared to notes that were created on my old computer (also font size 9). It's not really a big problem, but for some of us with an eye for details it is quite annoying.

Archived