SahilC

Evernote Images Taking Up Lots of Space on Mobile

Hello EN community!

I've noticed that Evernote for Android stores all of the images that I load in the app onto my phone. As a result, I have _tons_ of images stored on my device that should be in the cloud. It's taking up unnecessary space on my phone.

Could I delete the images off of my phone?

Thanks for your help!

Hi.  Your phone will save images in your camera roll and/ or a Sent to Evernote folder as well as saving them into a note.  If you're happy that they're saved successfully into a note,  the additional picture(s) can be deleted.

Edit:  beware that Evernote may reduce the resolution of any HD pictures when stored into the database.  If you need hi-def shots for any reason,  keep a separate copy somewhere else like Flickr or DropBox.  OneDrive and Dropbox have automatic upload features that might be useful.

• Like 1

Hi.  Your phone will save images in your camera roll and/ or a Sent to Evernote folder as well as saving them into a note.  If you're happy that they're saved successfully into a note,  the additional picture(s) can be deleted.

Edit:  beware that Evernote may reduce the resolution of any HD pictures when stored into the database.  If you need hi-def shots for any reason,  keep a separate copy somewhere else like Flickr or DropBox.  OneDrive and Dropbox have automatic upload features that might be useful.

Oh, I see. Thanks!

Most of my images are just scanned pictures of documents. Do you think that'll be okay?

I deleted mine after I check the note so its okay.

I sync all pictures with Dropbox and Bix and if I need any old scans I can find them.

• Like 1