Evernote for Android v7.0.4.1 Release

Theresa Pittappilly

Idea

8 replies to this idea

My Evernote for Android does not search offline.

I have Saved Searches in my Shortcuts which I use on desktop (Mac) and on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 2). When I enter airplane mode in my phone, Evernote stops finding notes which fulfill the saved search criteria. It tells me no such notes exist. If I make a different search no luck, either.

I am evernote Premium user.

My multi-shot camera doesn't work anymore.  I have a Samsung S4 (Android version 5.0.1) and the latest evernote 7.0.4.1

It seems to take the picture (the camera button gets disabled after pushing it), but after that, nothing happens anymore until I finally press the back button on my phone. Then it says that it is saving the image but it never succeeds. I have to kill evernote in my tasklist.

This occurs in Document and camera mode.

When I disable the multi-shot camera in the evernote configuration, I can perfectly add a picture to a note again with the native camera.

My Evernote for Android does not search offline.

I have Saved Searches in my Shortcuts which I use on desktop (Mac) and on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 2). When I enter airplane mode in my phone, Evernote stops finding notes which fulfill the saved search criteria. It tells me no such notes exist. If I make a different search no luck, either.

I am evernote Premium user.

@mwlodarski I'm sorry that you're hitting this. Do you use tags as part of your search query? We just fixed an issue where search queries containing tags was not working offline. If not, could you let me know what you are searching for? 

My multi-shot camera doesn't work anymore.  I have a Samsung S4 (Android version 5.0.1) and the latest evernote 7.0.4.1

It seems to take the picture (the camera button gets disabled after pushing it), but after that, nothing happens anymore until I finally press the back button on my phone. Then it says that it is saving the image but it never succeeds. I have to kill evernote in my tasklist.

This occurs in Document and camera mode.

When I disable the multi-shot camera in the evernote configuration, I can perfectly add a picture to a note again with the native camera.

@eric99 thanks for letting us know - I'm sorry you're hitting this. We'll look into this right away. 

I have some extra info concerning the multi-shot hangup:

it always occurs when I try to take a picture of a dark object, it seems to take the image, but it keeps trying to save the image. When I switch evernote in background and foreground a few times, I can unblock evernote most of the times.

If you start an audio recording you lose the ability to tap the text formatting icon because the recording time counter covers it. So if you want to do a bullet list of things being discussed in the meeting you're recording you have to have remembered to tap it prior to starting the recording. Super frustrating!

In the mean time I got some more time to investigate the multi-shot camera problem in more detail:

It only occurs when I take a picture in dark light conditions *and* the flash is activated (forced or automatic). Like I said, it seems to take the image (expose button gets disabled) but it keeps trying to save the image. The only way to unblock is by switching evernote in background, switch it back to foreground and push the back button. From then on, I can take pictures again, as long as the light conditions are optimal.

So I should emphasize that this only occurs when the flash is on; if I take a picture in the dark without flash, I get the (under-exposed) picture without the blocking problem.

Archived