Can't share notebook w/workchat

lindend

I'm trying to share a notebook via workchat with another Evernote user (one who I had successfully shared notebooks before prior to workchat).

When I start the chat to share the notebook, they never get notification of the chat nor any email notification that a chat has started.  If they start the chat, I get a notification from a number (not an email address or a name).  The other person only uses Windows and the web interface.  I'm unsure where my request is going, but they definitely aren't receiving it.

I have a premium account, they have a free account.

As an aside, I really don't know what its become so involved to simply share a notebook via workchat.  Used to be so easy.

• Level 5*

Since you said "If they start the chat, I get a notification from a number (not an email address or a name).", this may mean that you have selected the wrong email address to chat/share with.  You might try unsharing/resharing, making sure you pick the correct email.

I'm 100% sure I'm chatting with the right address.  Its the same address I shared with earlier and the other account logs in under that specific email address.

Why are the chat messages coming from a number and not an email address?

That # is nowhere in my contacts/address book.  Its a seemingly random 8 digit number and I don't see any phone # for that contact even remotely close to the this pseudo-random identifier.

Does Evernote internally have a unique ID/number associated with each user?  Could it be that?

• Level 5*

There's at least one other thread with a user seeing a number instead of a name in a share,  though I can't now find it.  

I seem to recall that Evernote were looking into this,  so you might get some action with a bug report - choose "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action - if you're a premium user you'll also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

Archived