Transfer information to Evernote

You wrote that you can't forward emails to Evernote; that's true that the feature is no longer available with Evernote Basic; it is, however, available with Evernote Plus ($29.99/year) and Evernote Premium ($59.99/year).  So, upgrading is one option.

Does the basic/free version still offer Import Folders?  If so, you could set up a system where you print your emails you want to send to Evernote to PDF, with the PDFs going to an Import Folder.  (Evernote automatically imports any file from an Import Folder, and you can set the notebook you wish to have the files imported into.)

Always state what version you are talking about: She spent the whole day in bedx.c, Windows, Android, ....

Windows: you can drag & drop a file onto a note, or you can use the attach process (paper clip icon).

Furthermore, go to menu/tools/import folders where you can designate a folder on your hard disk from where EN can automatically import when you put a file into that folder.

• Level 5*

For example, I use to forward a reservation by email from any computer directly into Evernote

If you are trying to use Evernote primarily for travel information, you might want to consider the free web site & app TripIT.

It allows you to send emails to the service, and the service parches the data in the email into logical travel-related fields, which are show in a great format both online and in the app.

I have used TripIT for years, and love it.  I also make great use of Evernote, but prefer TripIT for tracking my travel.

• Level 5*

Since you appear to have a Gmail address,  you can also use Clipper and Clearly in most browsers to copy Gmails into Evernote,  and Chrome in particular has a very nice clipper option to save Gmails.  Other browsers give less 'artistic' results,  but they'll still get the content if that's mainly what you need.  You can also use IF(TTT) to put emails into Evernote automatically - I'm not sure whether that's done as email or through Evernote's API.  I think you get 'till the end of this month to continue with email,  after which it's a Plus- or Premium- only deal.

I found EVERNOTE WINDOWS DESKTOP PROGRAM, it looks like what comes up in either IP or Firefox.  I also found the section refered to "import folders".  I was never in the Desktop Program till now.  I will set up the location to receive files now.  Thanks again to all for your patience.

Archived